When to come off microgynon 30?

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So doctors say that it will be out of my system straight away and I can get pregnant straight away but the Internet says it can take months to be out of my system.

Is it different for different people? I finish the supply I have in September and we are going to ttc in October.

Is anyone else on microgynon 30? When are you coming off it?

Thanks x

I fell pregnant on microgynon so it obviously didn't stay in my body that long :haha:
I'm on rigevidon which they say is the same as microgynon and I plan on stopping 3-6 months before just in case :)

It will be out of your system straight away, so if you have normal cycles and no underlying fertility issues, yes, you can get pregnant right away. The reason why some people take months to come back to a normal cycle is because they have some underlying irregularities in their cycle or other fertility issues and being on hormonal contraceptives basically forces the body out of its natural cycle (which in this case is a bit all over the place) into one that is hormonaly regulated by taking or not taking pills over the course of a month. So when you stop taking them, your body flips back into it's 'normal' cycles, which if you have irregular or annovulatory cycles, can be really weird and all over the place as your body tries to re-balance itself without synthetic hormones. So taking the pill doesn't mess up your cycles but it can mask issues you already have, which is why some people have weird cycles when they first come off. That said, just because your cycles are weird or irregular, as long as you are ovulating, then you absolutely can get pregnant during an irregular or long cycle. For many people, that flip back to a natural cycle also gives them a fertility boost so if you have normal cycles naturally anyway, or even if you don't, many people find they are especially fertile in the few months right after they come off the pill.

So really whether you stop now or wait might more be a matter of how normal your natural cycles are and whether you want to try to take advantage of that fertility boost or not. If you know you have regular 28-30 day cycles and don't know of any fertility issues, I'd be inclined to wait and make the most of a potential fertility boost. If you know you have fertility issues or have really irregular cycles, you might want to see if they regulate if you know they do when you're off the pill. Personally, I waited last time, took my pill right up to when I wanted to TTC, and got pregnant almost right away the 2nd month. My friend has gotten pregnant twice the very first month she stopped, literally never got a period and got a BFP like 3 weeks after taking her last pill, both times. We're both in our mid-30s and were on the pill pretty much since we were 18. I plan to do the same again this time and I felt it worked well for me. I also know I really don't want to be pregnant before we start actively TTC (and we don't use condoms), so for me, just better to wait.

Thank you mindUtopia you've been really helpful.

When we were ttc our first I stopped taking my pill 6 months before we started because I thought it would help (it did only take 4months) and then tracked my cycles and they were quite regular I had a period between 28 and 34 days which according to the doctors is regular.

We plan to not use ovulation tests or track ovulation to much at first but just have sex every other day from cd8 until about cd20 to make sure we catch the egg whenever it's released.

Thank you again and good luck to you too xxx

I came off microgynon & fell pg straight away so as dr & mindUtopia said it must come out of your system fast! Here's hoping u catch a little bean fast!

I came off microgynon & fell pg straight away so as dr & mindUtopia said it must come out of your system fast! Here's hoping u catch a little bean fast!

Must of been that fertility boast mindUtopia spoke about :)

Hi, I was in Yasmin and went off in February. It took 3 mos to even get a period and now on cd 35 after that and not sure if I've ovulated. And I had normal cycles prior. So it may take a long time, there's no way of knowing. If I had known I would have gone off sooner. Good luck!

Hi, I was in Yasmin and went off in February. It took 3 mos to even get a period and now on cd 35 after that and not sure if I've ovulated. And I had normal cycles prior. So it may take a long time, there's no way of knowing. If I had known I would have gone off sooner. Good luck!

Do you mind me asking whatyour cycles were like before you went on the pill?

We only used condoms for a while because the first pill they put me on after I had put son and the implant both made me bleed constantly so I gave up with hormone forms of contraception for a while but I found that I was having terrible pms so I went on a different pill.

Anyway I'm rabbling my point is my cycles were pretty regular while I wasn't on the pill and were between 26 and 30 day cycles so I'm hoping that as mindUtopia said if you have normal cycles before taking the pill then it should return to normal quickly.

That's why I wondered what your cycles were like before the pill?

Sorry your having trouble. Hopefully your cycles will sort themselves out quickly xxxx

I fell pregnant straight after my first bleed coming off microgynon 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"