When to contact midwife

Lauz85

Reaction score
As title says really I think I'm about 6 weeks and wondering when I should contact the midwife I know they won't see you too early and tbh last pregnancy ended in miscarriage I'd just notified them of pregnancy then I miscarried and it was awful having to explain that is mc so don't want to do it too early but don't want to leave it too late either 😕

I am in a similar boat to you however, I'm just 4w4d. I've made my appointment for when I'll be 6w5d and then because of mc I'll make an app to get an early scan the week after around 7w5d. Hope that helps 😊

Mine didn't want to see me until week 10. I have no history of miscarriage and had one previous pregnancy without complications.

So it's up to you when you want to make the appointment. Anything after 8 weeks is generally passed the highest chance of loss.

You can always call and just take their suggestion as to when to have you come in. If you wait too long they may not have appointments available that fit your schedule or worse they may not have a midwife available for when you are due.

I had a MC before my DD and I called in at 6 weeks and it ended up being between 8 and 10 weeks before I was in to see my midwife.

Sorry to hear about your MC, hope you get your rainbow baby :)
I would say it also depends on where you are. If they are waitlisting people you would be better off to contact the midwife sooner then later. We have just recently moved to this location, in our previous location I would have had to "book" my mw 3 months in advance....

Well I've phoned today and midwife only works Tues so she will contact me on Tues which I think I will be approx 7 weeks then so thinking its best I rang as if is have waited longer it would have been the following week and then trying to get an appointment might have been a nightmare!

Fingers crossed the next few weeks go quickly and I can start to destress :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->