when to go to docs re ttc?

kirstr1984

tobys mom
Reaction score
We have been ttc now for 7 months now. Af arrived this morning so obviously very disheartened. When would you suggest going to the doctors for advise etc?

It depends on ur age and if u have 1 already, how long it took to conceive. I would speak to ur gp now any way and they will advice u on what to do. Good luck xx

Thank you. We do have a child which took 7 months to conceive but I was under the impression it was quicker the second time. I'm 30 so knocking on a bit now! X

Won't hurt to talk to your doctor. Are you charting, etc.?

I believe the rule of thumb is if you are under 35, then wait 12 months. If you are 35 and over, then it is 6 months.

I wonder the same thing, even though we are only going into our 5th cycle. Both my kids were conceived within the first 2 months. Maybe it's because I'm 7 years older now than the last time I had a baby but I still wonder how long to wait to worry.

I'm 23, I have a 2 year old DD and I've been told to wait a year :p so since I'm young without a history of fertility problems, I'd guess 12 months is the maximum :)

12 months is usually how long they want you to wait, especially if your cycles are normal. The sooner you go, the better though. It was a 6 month wait for my first appointment, and then I had to go through all the tests. Finally now at 2 years TTC I've started Clomid. It can be quite a process.

In some areas in the UK, it's now 2 years. It was 2 years at my doctors surgery before they wanted to know.

I was 24 when ttc Dd and I had to wait a year. i got hormone results back normal the day before I got my bfp x 7 months isn't too long though it I know it's awful waiting. Think it'll be a year you have to wait x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->