When to introduce a third weaned meal

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
At the moment we are giving Tristan two weaned meals a day. This is his approximate schedule

8.00am - milk
10.30 - weaned meal (usually fruit puree, baby rice and milk)
In between - some finger foods - usually ends up on the floor!
2.00 - milk
5.30 - weaned meal (two courses - i.e. butternut squash, carrot, baby rice and milk and a fruit puree like prunes or apricots)
7.00 - milk

When do you suggest we introduce a 'lunch' weaned meal?

IMO, i'd move the 1030 breakfast to go with the 8am milk and then put in a lunch around 1pm. Or maybe reduce the finger food so he'll take a lunch or make the finger foods into one sitting and call it lunch?

Let me know what you decide...we are on 2 meals too but I'm loathed to cut her BM further :s I've just going with the odd finger foods during the day - banana etc. - for a while longer.
x

Let me know what you decide...we are on 2 meals too but I'm loathed to cut her BM further :s I've just going with the odd finger foods during the day - banana etc. - for a while longer.
x

Same here - I don't want to cut back Tristan's day BM too much, especially now that he is pretty much sleeping through now. I also want to insure that he is getting some kind of fluids as it is difficult to get him to drink water.

well we have 4 breastfeeds a day, that is slightly reduced from 6. Our routine goes

8am breakfast (porridge made with cows milk) followed by breast milk feed.

12.30 lunch - approx 3 ice cubes of veg and a yogurt with small amount of juice taken followed by breastmilk.

5pm dinner - approx 5 ice cubes of veg or 1 annabel karmel pot of pasta/lentils with veg etc followed by breastmilk

7pm some sort of desert - normally one banana with half kiwi/ 2 strawberries.

8.30pm bedtime milk

My daughter seems to do well on that now it's a routine. She's very patient in the morning so will wait for me to make her breakfast so she'll have that first then milk but i know i'm kinda lucky! She's not that bothered about her lunch time milk anymore so some days we skip that one but only if she's taken enough water from her cup. Hope thats enough milk tho :shrug:

I had an interesting convo with a HV today... she advised no water or juice until 7-8 months... And 3 meals a day depending on how much milk your baby drinks... Jasmine drinks 30-40oz and has 2 meals a day. I dont give water anyway... she only gets milk.

She also advised not to give finger foods until 8 months because she dont get filled enough out of finger foods at this point and they need iron fortified foods at 6 months such as cereal or some kind of meat. Fruit and veg are good, but apparently dont have enough iron in them.

That being said, I still am going to give her rusks and try a finger food here and there. I think I will try adding a meal in at breakfast and the do a lunch and dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->