When to move over?!

DanteRoman

Reaction score
In the uk your first tri ends at 12 weeks but I'm sure this site is 13weeks?

So question is when do I move over? I was thinking after my 12 week scan on Thursday I'll be 12+4 unless they put me back/forward

When is everyone else moving over?

I think it's the start of 13 weeks. But if you are ready to move over then I don't see why not. I might move over at 12 weeks x

I unofficially moved over at 13 weeks since the 12th weeks is still technically a part of the first trimester, I always thought it was weird that some people/sites say it's at 14 weeks-my logic is each trimester is 3 sets of 4 weeks which would mean 12 weeks in each trimester so to me the beginning of the second tri is when you hit 13...I don't know, maybe my logic is off but this is how I've always thought of it ;)

I think it's around 13 weeks but some say earlier or later. There are no set rules either way, just whatever you feel comfortable with :)

There are lots of ladies over there from 12 weeks. There's no strict rules. I chose to hang around here longer as I couldn't relate to a lot of the posts on second tri regarding movement etc as I was still too early. And now I still forum hop anyway. Just post where your comfortable :)

I've always felt like going with the thread that most pertains to me and my current situation. If that means toggling between 1st and 2nd trimester for a week or so then that's what I do. Go where you feel most comfortable.

I'd say between 13-14 weeks would be a good time to nosey in both forums.....although I still nosey in them all now hehe xx

I'm officially going tomorrow. I'll be 13+3 which is a third of my pregnancy!

I moved over about 14 weeks with my son. This time, I've been flitting between forums already since I've experienced all trimesters before and can relate to all of it. I'll probably move over for good 14-16 weeks once I've hopefully felt baby move and the anatomy scan is a little closer.

I'm planning on going over next week when I'm 13 weeks but will probably hang out in both for a while longer

Thank you for posting this Dante- I was wondering the same thing! ^.^ I think i'll start peaking over into the other forum after the scan Thursday.

12 weeks per trimester only adds up to 36 weeks, not 40 which is the average for pregnancy.

13 weeks plus a couple days is the average of 40 divided by 3...so this is why some sites/dr's/books etc say 13 weeks and some round up to 14 weeks.

Move when you feel comfortable :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->