• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When to OPK?? 1st timer!! Started testing this AM!

Abbey08

Reaction score
Hello: I just bought a clearblue digital ovulation test but only a 10-day pack. I started testing this morning at CD11 and got what I expected "an O" so now for the next 9 days will be checking. I thought I was supposed to test with the 1st pee of the day but see others are testing at night or mid-day... This isnt cheap and I dont have alot of $$ so I want t ensure I do this right.

Any advice? I plan to test again tomorrow.

Thanks you!!!

I would buy either internet cheapies or dollar store ones and if you suspect that it is a positive result, just verify with the Clear blue. I always do mine at around 2 or 3 pm though. Good luck!

Any reason why 2 or 3pm? Your the 2nd person I've seen choose 2pm. I work 8am-5pm and its a shared bathroom with a few stalls so I dont really want to test at work. And thought I read to test with first morning pee?

I've read that if you use your first morning urine, the test won't detect the surge since it takes a like 4 hours to build up to be detected in your system. I'm no expert though I just heard that lol I would do one as soon as I got out of work and make sure that I hold the pee for 4 hours or more to make sure there is enough hormone.

Hmmm interesting... Well hopefully others will chime in with their knowledge. :) Thank you anagee!

I think the hormone is more likely to be present from 10am to 8pm. Just switch to a time in between there tomorrow and then do it the same time each day. I also work 8-5. Since I had bought dollar store cheapies I was testing twice a day. At noon and then 6pm when I got home. I got my positive at noon so stopped testing after that. I also only have bathroom stalls at work. I would take one of those disposable paper cups in my purse and pee in that then just throw it away in the sanitary disposal bin. Quite easy :)

Great thank you! Maybe I need to get some cheapies. And use those at work. There are some nosy people at my work who have even once said "I saw a pregnancy test in the disposal bin!!" Seriously?? LOL Wasnt mine but I am also the only one likely to TTC right now and I dont want anyone to know yet.

I'll test after work tomorrow. It sure was a pain testing at 5am today when I had to go really bad and could barely hold it to locate a cup in the pitch dark house. ;)

I only tested with the Clearblue digitals after I got home from work, around 6pm. I managed to get my smiley yesterday so I think testing when you get home from work should be OK.

Thanks lusterleaf. Do you try and make sure you haven't gone pee a few hours before? If so, how long do u wait? I typically pee alot if I drink water. So I'll have to stop for hours to not have to pee every hour. :/

i have the clearlbue digitals ATM and the packet says you MUST use first morning urine after the longest sleep. I would use it as directed, not afternoon, all tests are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"