When to pack your Hospital bag?

Bournefree

Reaction score
Hi lovelies,

When is everyone packing there hospital bags?? I'm 28 wks - and haven't done anything about it yet.. haven't even bought any of the things like suits, and scratch mits etc?

I'm planning on having a home birth, but nether the less I will, pack a seperate bag to have all the stuff that I need to hand.. Just didn't think that I would be doing it just yet (am I still in denial? ;-)

I was planning on doing it around 34wks? Is this too late? I went to the mw yesterday and there is no mention of me being engaged.. if I was I think I would have my bags packed!

I've noticed that some of my fellow November Sparklers have their bags all ready, when are you getting ready?

xxx

I will start to pack mine in a couple of weeks I think. I usually do our monthly shop around pay day (15th) so will throw in some extra things like breast pads, maternity pads etc and get started on my bag!

I have nearly bought all the stuff that i need so will pack it within the next few weeks as i think the baby will come early

I will get mine sorted this month. Still need to buy my stuff for hospital. I have the things i need to take for the baby. I will feel better once its packed, and i can forget about it.

I have all the stuff I just need to turn it from piles of stuff into bags packed (just need to wash my new nighties)

at the beginning of the pregnancy i planned to do bag about 30 weeks but now tht im almost at 30 weeks it might be a little later as i havent got everything yet.

I'm 32 weeks and will be waiting maybe another 2 weeks or so to pack my bag. I've got nothing in for it yet either, not for baby or for me - though I have started to gather together some toiletries!!!

My mum made a suggestion to me that I think is quite uselful which is to have an almost mini-toilet-bag in your bedside drawer with a damp facecloth and a toothbrush in it because sometimes you don't want to be hunting through your entire toilet bag if you just want to give your face a quick wipe!

I think I did mine around 36 weeks even though I had already been in to the hospital twice by that point.

I am still adding items to it now, even tho I'm in labour already and will be having the baby today or tomo. I sent my husband to work so he can pop over to mothercare on his lunch break to get me some nighties and the baby a blanket. Still have no nursing bras, thought I would have more time! :D

I started gathering stuff around 24 weeks as I was told it needed to be done by 28 weeks. However, I only really finished it earlier this week and then there's still things like the camera to go in.

I didn't do mine til I went on maternity leave at 36 weeks, which may have been a little late, but I'm still here and due on Saturday!! My MW recommended that I have it ready by around 34 weeks.

I get my basg from my Ex's this weekend so i will begin to pack my bag next week :)

Ooooh i made a list like 2 months ago and the closest i have got to to getting my hospital bags ready is borrowing a mini suitcase from the MIL!

Defo gonna start getting my bits together next week, just in case, and then keep adding to it each week.

Im going to aim to get it finished by 34 weeks, as i have a scan then and depending on what they tell me, could be needing my hospital bag sooner than id hoped!

omg...i haven;t even thought about it!

I started packing mine yesterday and still have a few items to add...

I havent done mine yet. Have most stuff for it so will probably do it in the next week or two! x

dont leave it too late lol, when I had morgan I had the best intentions and started to pack at 28 weeks, then left it unfinished. ended up mad packing while on the phone to the labor ward at 37 weeks after my waters went

I've packed LO's bag but not mine yet as I still need to get a few more bits. I'll probably do mine in the next couple of weeks or so :)

Get paid tomorrow so going to Tesco to get all the stuff i need for my bag so hopefully will have a complete bag tomorrow evening! :) Will start washing LO's hospital clothes tomorrow aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->