when to start buying stuff?

K

KayteeB

hello ladiess

well i was wandering when you all believed it was the right time to buy the buggy, cot etc. i have clothes but obviously need to get more. whens the right timeee? im 29 weeeks x

I dunno tbh each to their own but I'm waiting to the very end!! I don't have anything in yet Just to be on the safe side!! Xx

I couldnt wait! I started shopping when i hit 12 weeks, and now we have almost everything!

I brought stuff from 24 weeks :) shop away :thumbup:x

I'm 30 weeks and i have almost everything... Well all the big stuff but just small bits to get.

Dont have a lot of money so been picking bits up when on offer or got a lot of second hand things when had the opourtunity and spening a bit each week. Had he pram about a month now and had the cot even before my first scan!

I'm normally quite superstitious and i know people dont like buying things incase something happens to baby and they have a load of baby stuff and no baby.. but tbh its not gna change anything only would maybe he hard to deal with but wouldnt it in any circumstance. I'd say its individual choice and just whenever seems right for you

I started buying after 20 weeks, I would start if I were you!!

I bought all the "big" things in the beg!!! just to get them out of the way then held off on the small things until i had my shower :)

well i have my cot its lillys cotbed just gonna get her a new bed and my pram i got at 16 weeks i guess its each to their own if ya ready to go for it xx

What will be will be and buying stuff at any stage will not change any outcome.I was always petrified and still am but everything is bought as let's face it,babies come when they want to and I wouldn't want to have dh suddenly dashing out getting everything all in one go if she wanted to shock us and be here at 35/36wks xx

Got the cot about 20 weeks after the scan and the pram about 4 weeks ago...
All other stuff I been picking up since 20 ish weeks

I'm 28 weeks and have just about everything now! Don't leave it too late as you may not feel like long shopping days when it is hot and you are bigger. Xx

I bought the moses basket at 12 weeks, but had some clothes before. I had the travel system just before 20 weeks (can't really remember) I don't have the cot because I am waiting to go shopping for it with my Dad. I think the only things I don't have are my reusable nappies, a bouncer and cot mobile.

x

i'm nearly full term and pretty much have everything now. Have had the buggy for about 3 weeks, the cot since 7 months - and have been getting/been given clothes since 16 weeks! Got the changing bag around 12 weeks (as a xmas pressie) and only got the car seat last week. I've still got tags on some of the clothes though! But i have washed the newborn ones.
I'm all ready for this bambino!!

I had everything by 30 weeks. I don't believe in the bad luck if something is going to happen it will happen having stuff or not will not make it less devistating i dont think.

i started shopping at 30 weeks and iam now 34 weeks and have everything almost

We've been shopping gradually, but have pretty much got everything now, Ive just got the things for my hospital bag today as Id like to be prepared if anything happened early. Pram is on order and will be delivered at a later date. I am quite a superstisous (cant spell that!!) person but what will be will be and I know I cant change that unfort.

The nursery is done and everything is up. So if she made an appearance tomorrow I would say that we could cope.

x

Me/DH believe the right time is whenever is right for you :flower: We got our pram at 14 weeks because it was on offer and was hundreds of pounds less that it should've been.. We were buying some stuff the day after we found out I was pregnant! We had the nursery ready before I was 24 weeks. We decided to get things as and when we had the money for them, to spread the cost out evenly rather than spending out a lump sum at the end. Plus it made it exciting the whole way through! And bought it home to DH nice and early that he was having a child lol. And it made me feel more comfortable that everything was there in case baby made an early appearance, as we wouldn't want to be rushing around buying things at the last minute (especially if LO had to stay in the hospital etc). But that's our personal preference, everyone likes to do things differently for supersticious/financial reasons etc :flower:

I haven't got anything yet, mainly through fear of losing another baby and mainly because I've had so many personal issues through this pregnancy I just haven't even had time to think about it. Had some inspiration today though so will be getting his things real soon :)

whenever you feel the time is right. Its an individual choice. I bought a few things after my first scan, and then a few more things when i knew the sex.

We got his cotbed at 24 weeks and we are buying our pram within the next month around the 30 week mark. Im ordering it online. thats all the big things neway :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->