when to start buying stuff?

with my son i ordered everything at around 16wks and it arrived at 38/39wks, this time we got everything ready at 35wks

I waited mostly til the baby shower so I could see what I got. And because family gives me gift cards too, so I saved money that way.

We started buying at 25 weeks to spread out the cost of everything. . .each weekend we chunk out more cash to get another thing or two (crib, then mattress, etc.) while researching and looking for deals.

I also go to the cloth-diaper store every other week and buy two diapers so that I'm stocking up and don't have to buy them all at once! :)

I really started shopping when i was 28 weeks - all the small things, im almost 34 weeks and havent got the furni yet, thats cos we're decorating! but i purchased my pram yesterday! whoooo :flower:

I waited until my 20 week scan to know everything was ok with my little one and then bought all the big things. I waited a while longer to buy the smaller things like clothes etc. I have everything bought now and I am 35 weeks. The next stage is setting up my nursery furniture :happydance: xx

I started buying things after my 20 week scan. We were given a lot of previously used clothes and items from friends and family, as well. We were excited and wanted to buy things! We also thought that if we spread the costs out over time that we would be able to better afford things.
Everyone chooses to begin buying at different times. Do what's right for you! :flow:

i was about 24/25 when i started buying properly got my pram a week ago :)

Start now! It takes ages to figure out everything you need and you might be too uncomfortable to do much running around soon. I got some good deals on amazon and I found Ikea and HM to be cheap and good quality too. Remember it takes time to set things up and wash the textiles as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->