When to start TTC no 2?!

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
My best friend is getting married in December 16 and I am a bridesmaid. DH & I have discussed TTC in June while we go to New York on an anniversary trip without DD (before I found out I was going to be a bridesmaid in Dec)!

I am in two minds on what to do now, I really don't want to wait until after the wedding but also don't want a big bump...assuming I get pregnant 1st try like last time!

What would you all do if you were in my situation?

Thanks

Honestly lately I've really learned to live my life how I want to. Nothing is guaranteed. The world could end tomorrow. A little morbid, but it helps me to focus on living my life as I want without outside influences. If you do get pregnant in June you'll be roughly 6 months along so not huge huge. Just take pictures from straight ahead and you won't see the bump ;)

If you were planning to TTC in June I would personally keep with that plan. You should decide when you're TTC :)

I would continue with your current plan. Like pp said you would be in second tri and have a cute little bump. From straight on you'd hardly be able to tell.

My bil is getting married and while I'm trying to avoid a due date in the month directly I'm not going out of my way.

I say stick with your plan!

We are ttc #3 now, but not stressing about it. I'm in my bil wedding September 3rd and am planning on being pregnant by then, hopefully. And I've even already ordered my bridesmaid dress and it should have ample room for a belly. Lol.

I'd stick with your original plan.
One of my OH's cousins was 8 months pregnant and a bridesmaid at a wedding, she had a floaty dress and was fine :)

Stick with your plan! Your life shouldn't be put on hold and it's not the end of the world being a pregnant bridesmaid, I actually think it's lovely seeing a bump on wedding photos and shouldn't be hidden! There are lots of lovely floaty dresses and I'm sure your friend would accommodate. TTC is variable anyway so you may not even be pregnant by then (fingers crossed though ;) )

Thanks so much for all your comments.

I feel a bit nervous about the style dress my friend will choose for us, all of the other bridesmaids are a uk size 6 or 8 so don't want to look like the elephant on the end :laugh2::laugh2:

Im sure it will all work out fine though...

I am kind of in the same boat. I am getting married next month, and we are going to TTC right away. My Bff is getting married in April of next year, and I am her MOH. I might have an infant, I might be full-on, all the way, beyond huge. But I don't really let that bother me. All the other ladies in her bridal party are all pretty small, I am too, but whatever. It will be awesome to have photos of me in that stage, whatever it may be. And she is so excited for me to make her an Auntie, so I don't think she will care at all either.

I am kind of in the same boat. I am getting married next month, and we are going to TTC right away. My Bff is getting married in April of next year, and I am her MOH. I might have an infant, I might be full-on, all the way, beyond huge. But I don't really let that bother me. All the other ladies in her bridal party are all pretty small, I am too, but whatever. It will be awesome to have photos of me in that stage, whatever it may be. And she is so excited for me to make her an Auntie, so I don't think she will care at all either.

I think I may be over thinking things a bit, I was fine before I found I was going to be a bridesmaid!

As you say it will be lovely to have photos of the bump as I don't have any pregnancy photos from my DD.

Exactly! And to have professional photos done (at the brides expense) is kind of awesome haha

In the end, it is your life, and you have to live with yourself. So I say do what YOU want, regardless of how others will think or feel. If you feel it is your time, then it is. Go for it. :hugs:

I would keep your plans the same and start on your trip. It's lovely your friend asked you to be her bridesmaid, but I personally wouldn't change your plans just because of her wedding. You're right who knows how long it will take you and ultimately in the long run, you probably won't care how pregnant you were once your baby arrives.

My husband is the best man in his friend's wedding next spring. We are intentionally waiting a bit to TTC #2 because of that and also my own work travel next year, but that's because it's a destination wedding overseas and I genuinely don't want to be pregnant enough that I could be giving birth alone while my husband is away (I'm not going because it's child-free and on principle, I think that's stupid when it's in another country and all your friends are young couples with kids! And besides, we don't have anyone who could help us for the weekend anyway). But unless you're worried about actually being in labour at the wedding, which you won't be, I'd carry on as you planned. A special weekend away to start sounds lovely.

And I'm sure you'll find a way to have the dress tailored to fit perfectly or help your friend to find a suitable maternity dress in the same style and colour if you need to.

Continue with your family's plans ... I've learnt lately not to organise your life around others as you never know what the future holds.

Plus your bump will be at the cute neat stage & will look lovely in a dress :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->