When to start tummy time???

eagermom

Aarshi's Mum
Reaction score
And is there a specific time of the day i need to do it??? And for how long???

Do it whenever it's a good time for you. I always did tummy time for however long my LO would do it for... sometimes only a minute. I would get some toys to distract LO with though, as some babies hate tummy time, lol

Mine both HATED tummy time, so we did very little of it. It just wasn't worth the tears really. :lol:

The book I read said start right away when first born even even if it lasts for just 1-2 minutes at first. My LO doesn't like it but I do it about twice a day but for only as long as he can stand - I don't just plop him down and let him cry...once he starts crying I change his position but he can usually last a couple minutes.

i did it from about 2 weeks. i don't recommend after a feeding, that's almost a sure way to get them to throw up ;)

You can do it from day 1. just do 15 minutes a day or so. Or as much as baby can tolerate. All of my kids have hated tummy time as little babies. Once they get to be around 4 months or so they will start to enjoy it because at that point they can more easily hold their head up. My 2 month old will go about 2-3 minutes before she starts crying. She also can only hold her head up off the floor just a little then it flops back down. Its much easier for her if I roll up a blanket and put it just under her armpits/upper chest. Then she is able to hold her head up longer and she can tolerate it longer too

I started off putting my daughter down asleep so that she doesn't mind so much being on her tummy and I've started putting her down awake then asleep alternating between the two during the day and I push four a minimum of one hour a day usually in twenty minute increments the way I see it the more I do now the easier it will make it to get her to play on her tummy later I've also noticed she can relieve gas easier on her tummy.

You can start tummy time from day 1, and you should do at least five minutes a day. It doesn't have to be in one big chunk, though, it can be a minute here and a minute there (but more is good, too). And things like having them lay on their tummy while they're on your belly count as tummy time. When they're littler, this is a good way to get started, as babies like looking at faces and then they aren't ending up with their face just smashed into the floor, and it is just a more pleasant experience for everyone involved.

We've been doing it from about a month - my daughter will last anywhere from 2-5 minutes before she gets upset with it and either rolls over or I move her. I try to do about 3 times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->