When to start walking??

courtney89

Reaction score
I heard that walking alot helps your labor begin and get your baby head down and ready to be born. When should I start my daily walks?? Im thinking about 32 weeks.

Lol, I haven't stopped. I walk a hard uphill hour's walk every morning before work. I'm now 36+4. I was running up until 20 weeks though so I have slowed down. I am planning on adding more walking from about 38weeks just in case more is better!!

I walk my DD to school every day but that only amounts to 20 minutes a day.

Yesterday I went on a much longer walk and that evening part of my mucus plug came away. I don't know if it was related, but I guess it helped. So I didnt increased my walking until 37 weeks, but what I done had done me good. Hope that made sense. x

I too am still walking, I walk 5 miles, every day that I'm at work or whenever I want to go into town.
I'd start walking now, start with whatever you can manage and just keep building on it, it will make you feel good and help the baby get into the right position etc

xXx

I have walked my dog for up to an hour every single day and have been 3/5's engaged since week 34 but I think that's just the way it is. Some people never walk and are engaged earlier on. I really don't think there is a 'best time' but the exercise and fresh air is good for you anyway, not to mention the Vit D from the sunshine (if you're lucky to get any).

I know I sound like a miserable old bat but it worries me that people get their hopes up thinking that certain activities will do certain things and then get disheartened when they don't. Look at it as getting out and about, not as trying to get baby down then anything else is a bonus? :flower:

I'd start walking now, because the fitter you are, the better you'll cope with the physical side of labour (apparently). I'd give anything to be able to go for long daily walks, but pelvic pain makes it impossible.

Go out and enjoy the fresh air because you can! May sound crazy but, more than anything else, the one thing I'm looking forward to after the LO's here is being able to go for a walk with the pram.

I've walked for an hour or more a day throughout my pregnancy- no choice really, since we don't have a car and I have to walk almost 2km to the train station each way pretty much every day! Here in Japan at least we are encouraged by midwives to walk up to two hours a day while pregnant- it's not something you need to wait to start doing, definitely! :thumbup:

i need to start walking! I have gone so unfit x

I started walking 2 hours before I went into labor with DS :rofl:

I haven't stopped walking.
I walk about 3 miles a day.
Only downside is I don't think I'm making any progress down there.
Could be because my body is used to it? I dont know...
Do it to be healthy and fit, and if it helps move things along then added bonus! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->