When to start wearing non underwire bras

ttcbabyno.1

Due Date 25th December
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask this question.... when should we start wearing non underwire bras?

I've always worn underwire ones and feel very unsupported in the non underwire one.... but since discovering i'm pregnant (like many of you) my breasts are incredibly tender and sore. Simply putting on my bra at the moment is a right pain.

So, i know your milk ducts are starting to develop. And that's why your breasts get bigger in pregnancy so when should i stop wearing underwire to let the milk ducts develop???!!?

ANYONE KNOW? Or when will/did you start?
x

i didnt know you cant wear underwire?
I am a 34ff and i duinno if i can get non underwire!
x

Im not sure when you should start wearing non underwire bra's... but im still wearing my underwire bra's im 13 weeks... But I want to start looking for non underwire bra's because the wires hurts my boobs!

I never stopped with amber, i wont stop wearing them this time around.

Wow - I never knew this either! I have so much to learn!

Another thing to add to the google list!

The underwire bra thing is a myth!

As long as you make sure you're fitted correctly and it's comfortable, you can go on wearing an underwired bra through out pregnancy!

Goodness only knows what state my boobs would be in if I'd stopped wearing underwired!

Thanks Catty-smith I didn't know you could carry on with underwire! All the pregnancy books i've seen say you shouldn't because it can block mild ducts... and all nursing bras or maternity bras are not wired?!?! (even expensive hot milk type ones)

I guess it's a google/midwife query about why v why not.

im still wearin mines. I wore underwire with my other pregnancies too lol

I dont think i got soft bras till I was about 7 months or somethin!

I cant imagine not wearing an underwire bra. :blush: Didnt realise that it was even an issue.

Have already gone up a cup size and bought a few new bras so i really dont want the expense of buying more right now.

:shrug:

I have been wearing under wire bras and still haven't stopped. My OB was very thorough on my initial visit and told me what I can and can not do. We talked about my tender breast and he didn't say a word about not wearing an under wire bra. He just told me that I can switch to something more comfortable such as a sports bra. :shrug:

I think we tend to change our lifestyles drastically based on what should and should not be done...

The general rule of thumb i stick with is, I'm not going to change mylife much unless I absolutely have to. I'll still wear underwire bras as I did previously - should they start feeling uncomfortable, i'll worry about it then :)

Ive tried looking for maternity bras tried one on in mothercare and it was too small (im normally a 32f and a 32g was even too small)

I dont know why they dont make the bras any bigger, im going to really struggle and i cant afford £25 a bra like some ive seen...got midwife tomorrow..i'll see what she says then

xx

I didnt have a bra that fit very well before hand so I started wearing a sports bra at about 6 weeks. The closest mall or store is 2 hours away so when I go shopping on June 1st, I will prolly pick up some new ones then. I have always worn underwire bras so if that is what fits best then that is what I will buy.

My midwife said to me not to wear underwired bras if you're planning on breast feeding as milk might not form properly, something to do with pressure of the wires or something like that, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and got scan on at 12+1 and if all is ok then will go to buy one!!

Amy xx

I don't think you need to stop wearing underwired ones, apparently on the continent they aren't frowned upon like they are here. You can get underwired nursing bras - they sell them in Figleaves.com, they are great.

I found that non-underwired felt and looked terrible!

I am 13 weeks and have put of going to get measured a) because I thought I would continue to grow and b) because I was tender and didn't fancy being measured lol!

But I had a wedding to go to at the weekend and I needed a black bra to go under my dress. I explained to the lady I was pregnant and she asked if I wanted wired or not. I said wired, but I know you are not supposed to... She explained that problem is just that the wires can interfere with the milk ducts but so long as the bra fits properly - which my one existing comfy bra did - that it does no harm.

Basically make the sure the wires come around the outside of the breast and sit on the body not the actual breast tissue and you are fine was her general explanation/ advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->