When to stop laying on belly?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by PegLeg2na, Nov 13, 2011.

1. PegLeg2na

PegLeg2na Well-Known Member

So I'm 13+4 and don't really have a "bump" yet, but I can feel it when I press on my stomach and when I lay on my stomach. Should I stop laying on my stomach now? Sometimes it feels crampy and then I'll switch positions but I usually fall asleep on my stomach...any ideas?

2. VintageEnvy

VintageEnvy Well-Known Member

I think if it feels crampy I'd roll onto my side. I do sort of a halfway on the tummy halfway on the side balancing with my knee up by my stomach lay, its comfortable enough. By morning I'm splayed out all over OH I use him as a prop if I wanna lay on my back so Im not fully on my back :)

3. Hels_Bells

Hels_Bells Bun in the Oven!!

I am almost at 18 weeks. Until the last few days, I was still able to do the half on tummy, half on side bit. I think if it feels okay, you're fine. My body def. told me when to stop.

4. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

I'm still half belly, half side.
    with my knee up a bit for support.
    sometimes I end up on my back, really, it's just how I'm most comfortable!

5. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

you can sleep on your tummy until you no longer feel comfortable to do so.
    Im still sleeping on my belly at night.

6. AliciaDA

AliciaDA Well-Known Member

I push my leg up so it lifts my belly a bit, so far it works... until I get uncomfortable lol

7. Mrs.Ping

Mrs.Ping Mom of 1 ! TTC #2!!

I have 2 pillows on top of each other and do the half tummy half side with my leg on the pillows. One pillow is not enough so I need two or my hips and legs hurt awful in the morning. My leg is up high enough to allow plenty of comfy room for my bump. Laying on my back make me crampy!

8. Twayzeekrissy

Twayzeekrissy Mama of 1. pregnant

I would say when your body tells you that you can't anymore. If I do now it hurts a lot! So you should know when it's time to stop

9. PegLeg2na

PegLeg2na Well-Known Member

I will half to try this half knee / side thing! I think I might do it already but :shrug: for the most part it doesn't hurt, I just feel kinda crampy after a while so I think it is my body telling me to not lay directly on it. Time to invest in more pillows I guess! Thanks for all the advice :flower:

10. BleedingBlack

BleedingBlack Well-Known Member

Honestly, I stop laying on my belly when it becomes uncomfortable. I already have a belly though so I have pretty much stopped.

11. babyoneill

babyoneill mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack

when i got to about 14 weeks i just didnt feel comfy doin it, i think its up to the person really when they cant do it any more x

12. willowblossom

willowblossom Well-Known Member

I'm still sleeping on my belly, althouigh i do get a lot of pokes and kicks for it in the night! :) xx

13. lana1989

lana1989 Well-Known Member

i agree ull def know when to stop lyin on your tummy! i tryed it at about 16 weeks and it was so uncomfortable felt like i was lying on a stone! Lol
    Lana
    x

14. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I stopped in first tri because it became uncomfortable for me. I'd stop when it's not comfortable for you any longer