When to stop supplements?

wish4baby

Reaction score
Once the herbs and vitamins have done their job do you stop taking them for good, or do you take them forever?

To clarify: I have been taking b6 and vitex all cycle (minus days on AF), and dong quai and evening primrose oil before ovulation. It's been 3 months now. I have seen a huge improvement, in fact, I'd say I have an ideal cycle, cm, o, ect...this is the end of the first cycle I have thought that. Well, today is 14 dpo and I (sadly) expect AF. If I am not pregnant, the Question is: continue taking everything after AF (during next cycle) or go off the supplements? Do you think my cycles will go back to how they once were, or is the change semi-permanent?
Thanks for any input!

Once the herbs and vitamins have done their job do you stop taking them for good, or do you take them forever?

To clarify: I have been taking b6 and vitex all cycle (minus days on AF), and dong quai and evening primrose oil before ovulation. It's been 3 months now. I have seen a huge improvement, in fact, I'd say I have an ideal cycle, cm, o, ect...this is the end of the first cycle I have thought that. Well, today is 14 dpo and I (sadly) expect AF. If I am not pregnant, the Question is: continue taking everything after AF (during next cycle) or go off the supplements? Do you think my cycles will go back to how they once were, or is the change semi-permanent?
Thanks for any input!

Ive never take b6 but can comment on the others. I tend to take vitex up to ovulation, you could try and see if that makes an difference if your cycles are still perfect carry on like that until bfp.

Evening primrose - try stopping and see, I imagine it is helping your cm but you may not need it, try without see, if it drys up use it again.

As for the dong quai, I would stop again and see, it's much more powerful stuff, I don't know why but it scared me, I tend to use it to get my cycles in check and stop TTC while I do and then stop the herb and ttc again. I've only used it once very short time as vitex works brilliant for me.

I also take royal jelly and macca, but be warned my last pregnancy was twins so I may have overdone it.:blush: any questions pm me, I've done loads of research in the past on herbs and vitamins are really believe in them.

Wish4baby, I'm not really sure but I agree with eternal, dong quai scares me for some reason. I would maybe continue with the b6 though?

Eternal - how do you think royal jelly and Maca led to your twins? I'm taking both and you've got me a bit scared!

Wish4baby, I'm not really sure but I agree with eternal, dong quai scares me for some reason. I would maybe continue with the b6 though?

Eternal - how do you think royal jelly and Maca led to your twins? I'm taking both and you've got me a bit scared!

I just think the combination of royal jelly, macca, vitex, and reflexology caused an hyper stimulation. Who knows? Perhaps it did, perhaps it didn't, I don't know of anyone else who conceived twins on these, but it's a possibility.

Lol! I am also taking royal jelly, haven't tried maca yet, but may try it out since we haven't conceived yet!!
I started with the don quai b/c I needed something strong, I kept spotting around cd 7-8 after a short, light AF, the dong quai and/or vitex made AF proper and no more spotting/light flow a week later. I'm not going to use DQ this cycle, I don't think I need it anymore. And I will take your advice about vitex until o, that should be plenty and then I won't have to worry about taking during pregnancy & weaning off it at 12 weeks. The EPO, I may just use it close to O day instead of the whole Follicular phase....
Do either of you think the b6 will continue to lengthen my LP? With cd 1 being 15 dpo, I don't want it any longer!!
Thanks ladies!!

That's interesting about hyper stimulation though. Because I kind of had ov pains on both sides this cycle. I wouldn't mind twins but I'm tiny so don't know how I'd manage to carry them! I'd be on bed rest for half the pregnancy, lol!

Wish4baby, I don't know about the b6 lengthening your lp anymore tbh, I don't think lp generally goes over 15/16 days usually. Hopefully someone else can answer that more conclusively for you!

Carrying twins for anyone is more risky and I spent a lot of time in hospital, I love my twins to bits, but it's harder to enjoy them as you are split between the two, if that makes sense, especially early on its just a cycle of feed, burp, change, sleep, then again with the next and then start again.

Saying that I'm taking royal jelly and vitex now and have some macca on order, ideally I'd want one, your odds of multiples increases when you have had one set, but if I was blessed with twins again so be it, we would be happy although my husband my have a nervous breakdown over what cars to get lol.

Lol, you'd need a bus with 2 sets of twins and all the equipment they'd need! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->