When to take baby swimming?

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
When would you take your baby swimming? Poppy is 7 weeks and loves the bath so oh wants to take her swimming but I didn't know whether it was too soon, what do you think?

Some of the swimming classes start at 8 weeks, I think it is worth checking the temp of the pool though seeing as she is still young.

You can take her swimming whenever you like love, you don't have to wait until after the first set of jabs. Fran was about 9wks when we first took her and she quite enjoyed it. I agree that you should call and check the temperature of the pool before you go though xxx

Xanthia was 6 weeks..

Ring up and ask the temp of pool, what they need to wear - one pool near me allows just a swim nappy but the one near my mums they have to wear a swim nappy and a swim suit.
X

Oooh good thinking KayBea. When we took Fran I put her in a normal swimsuit with a wetsuit type one over the top so she had layers to keep her warmer.

I have a 'Poppy' too :) We went swimming first at about 10 weeks. You can go anytime thoguh.

There are mommy and baby swim classes that start from birth :flower: I plan on getting LO into the water as soon as I heal from my c-section :haha: I was a water baby. I hope he'll be too!

HV said something tho that worried me, she said that babies when they have their jabs the polio can still come out and spread for the first month as it is carried in their poop and if they poop in the pool it can spread? this worried me, she told me to therefore wait until we have had the first set of jabs done, I dont want to spread that worry onto you but maybe some of the other mums will know if this is true or not? for the sake of waiting a little longer to be sure? xx

My LO went at 7 weeks. She loves it!

I'm really glad you asked this, as I haven't felt quite comfortable taking Alex swimming yet. I'd like to be able to put her in a swim nappy but I can't find any her size?? The smallest seems to be around 16lb-26lb. Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm really glad you asked this, as I haven't felt quite comfortable taking Alex swimming yet. I'd like to be able to put her in a swim nappy but I can't find any her size?? The smallest seems to be around 16lb-26lb. Anyone have any suggestions??
mothercare do tots bots swim nappies in smaller sizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->