When to tell Family?

CastawayBride

Mother of Two
Reaction score
Hello all!

This is our third child, one in heaven and our DD who is turning 3 on Monday.

My sister is pregnant on her own with her first! She announced 2 weeks ago. I just found out this Saturday we are pregnant. I wanted to hold off and not tell anyone so she can have this experience but when would it be suffice to tell our family? She is currently 13 weeks, I was going to wait until she was about 23 weeks, I would be just going into second trimester an with it being my third I already started showing last week :haha: Trying to hide it as long as possible, but does that seem fair?

I think if she's 13wks then you should be able to tell family whenever you're ready. It'll be nice to be pregnant together :)

I personally would wait until at least 10ish weeks, but I've lost 3 babies. I can understand wanting to let your sister have her moment. But she did announce2 weeks ago, so as far as that goes I think anytime from here on out should be fine. It's thoughtful of you considering your sister like that <3

I told my mum and dad but only as we were having problems with the pregnancy and needed our son looking after.
But not announced to anyone else yet.
Your showing will just be bloating at this stage and will settle somewhat! But tell people when you feel ready!

I told my mum and dad but only as we were having problems with the pregnancy and needed our son looking after.
But not announced to anyone else yet.
Your showing will just be bloating at this stage and will settle somewhat! But tell people when you feel ready!

I think because I have been pregnant so many times I get the baby belly very, very fast! :haha:

I think if she's 13wks then you should be able to tell family whenever you're ready. It'll be nice to be pregnant together :)

Unfortunately we are not that close:cry:She feels she is of a different level then my husband and myself. I guess you would say "puts on airs"....we are just your average family who live comfortably....

I personally would wait until at least 10ish weeks, but I've lost 3 babies. I can understand wanting to let your sister have her moment. But she did announce2 weeks ago, so as far as that goes I think anytime from here on out should be fine. It's thoughtful of you considering your sister like that <3

I never announce our pregnancies after loosing our son. There is just no safe pregnancy after that.:cry:

I tell close (immediate) family and those at work who need to know. It is true we will have a lot of appts and will need help but that will happen after the 20 week mark as I will be traveling to a childrens hospital for all high level scans (about an hour and twenty minutes away....

Personally I will be waiting as long as possible because I have several losses. Actually my SIL never actually told us she was pregnant. We saw her brand home diapers and she had a really big belly. At that point HD mentioned it to her and she said she was PG. I am wondering if we should do the same then.

In your case if you are comfortable telling people then I would tell them at this point. You shouldn't have to hide your pregnancy.

tell her first!!! get her excited to share the time with you!!!! :)

Well little update. We actually lost this pregnancy, I think I have not misscarried yet but numbers are not looking the greatest. Home today and just wanted to relax and told our family what was happening. I was told it was bad timing and I should not get pregnant for awhile as my sister is pregnant. I am too old to wait and don't think it is a fair statement anyway. We are opting to not tell my family only my husbands and when baby gets here they can be presently surprised...

Gotta love family! :haha:

Sorry for your loss and for your family's reaction. Take care :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back