When to tell manager at work?

marycotter567

Reaction score
I just started a new job at the start of January and found out I'm pregnant last week. I have a desk job but it is a bit hectic with some travel required and an hour commute on public transportation each way.

I am thinking of telling my manager at 12 weeks, but wondering if maybe I should let them know sooner or possibly wait longer??? What have you all done or planning on doing if you work?

Thanks much :hugs:

I think around 12 weeks is pretty standard, and a good plan provided your pregnancy goes smoothly and doesn't cause you any problems getting to or doing your job. However, if you have extreme sickness or need to schedule extra doctor's appointments, it's probably best to be honest about the reason.

I'm not working in this pregnancy but with my last pregnancy I fell pregnant 4 weeks after starting my job. I was really worried about my managers reaction so I waited until 20 weeks to tell them as I wanted to wait as long as possible to make as good an impression as possible.

No one batted an eyelid though so I didn't really need to worry.

I told my boss at 13 weeks after my first scan,he wasnt that happy about it tbh but I could of told him sooner or later and he still would of hated it.
But like Rhiannon137 said if you need a lot of time off for doctors or you do get bad morning sickness then telling them sooner could be a better option

I told my boss after my first scan at 6+6... More because DH bugged me than I wanted to. I had to tell early though because of some of the duties that I can no longer perform... I'm in law enforcement though so they had to shuffle my duties around a bit.

I would tell sooner than later because you may need time off/not feel well, etc... I agree that it's best to be honest about the reason you need time off.

Im officially telling my boss/work know next week, il be 14 weeks then & il hsve my 12wk screening results back by then, i think its 25 wks at the very latest you need to advise employer but earlier the better i think plus they risk assess your work environment, desk, chair etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->