• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When to tell people??

LogansMama

Reaction score
Last time I was pregnant with DS I was too excited and couldn't keep the news to myself. I told everyone immediately. Luckily it all went well!

I would like to keep it more private this time. But WHEN is a good time to tell?? I know I won't be able to wait till the end of the first trimester - thats too long.

I was thinking maybe around 6 weeks. That would mean only having to stay quiet for another 2 or so. I think I can handle that...

I would like to see the heartbeat first. I should see that by then right? I'm assuming my doc will do an U/S by then. She is pretty good about doing them rather frequently. Last pregnancy I had 5... 3 with her, and 2 with my first doctor.

When are you tellling people? (Or when did you?)

I might tell a few very close friends early... I'm talking about everyone else.

This is our first and we told my family and close friends last Monday when I was 4 weeks and 4 days. Couldn't keep it in any longer! I had managed to keep it secret for a week and then that was it!
It also means I don't have to make up any excuses for not lifting things (although I do have a bad back) and having such a bloated tummy!
Xxxx

I told close family and a few close friends when I found out but I didn't tell anyone else until yesterday at 13 weeks + 3

x

Hi, I am 10 weeks + 2 and have told my family and work colleagues, but feel terrible as i have not told my other son who is 6 - i lost my 2nd child (Cameron) aged 16 months just 5 months ago as the result of a tragic accident and i feel terrible that Josh doesnt know about this pregnancy as it would make him so happy, but just frightenend that i tell him and something goes wrong, i think you should tell everyone whenever you feel ready xxxxxx

JenJosh - Thats sooo awful I can't even imagine. Wow. (((hugs))). Wish I could do more for you than that!

we're having a scan on thursday at 8 weeks and if all is well we're going to tell close family & my best friend. we'll tell everyone else at 12 weeks...we're cautious after a MMC in April. x

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

I'm waiting until week 13 (2nd trimester) to tell everyone. My boyfriend wants to start telling people, but I want to wait until the risk of miscarriage is very low. I saw the baby and heartbeat on friday and it made me wanna just call everyone lol.

I'm also waiting until the second trimester to tell most people. We told immediate family right away, but I am superstitious about telling people in case something goes wrong, particularly since I had a little trouble getting pregnant. My husband wanted to tell everyone the second the line showed up on the stick, but I am trying to keep him quiet!

IVE TRIED TI LEAVE IT TIL NOW!!(11WEEKS+6)OUR FAMILIES KNOW AND AROUND 3 FRIENDS. ITS HARD TRYING TO KEEP IT QUIET WHEN YOU WANT TO SHOUT IT OUT!! BUT I AM BEGINNING TO GET A LITTLE ROUNDER!! SO WONT GET AWAY WITH MUCH LONGER!! TELL WHENEVER YOU FEEL READY AND HAPPY TO! :flower:

We had a scan at 8 weeks and saw the heartbeat. After that, we told absolutely everyone. Its really up to you and when you feel comfortable letting people know.

I've only told best friend + parents / in-laws. Waiting til after first scan to tell colleagues as I'll never hear the end of it (plus I wanted to wait til I was less sick and more positive)

When we found out we were pregnant I wanted to shout it from the rooftops....however, my wife wants to keep it more private until we're out of the first trimester. We compromised and told immediate family and some close friends.....we're waiting till our first appt (in 1 week!!) at our 8 week scan (we're in the U.S.) to tell everyone else (another compromise rather than waiting till end of 1st trimester...which I couldn't have done!!)

It's a personal decision that really has no right or wrong answer....good luck!!

According to the news theres a backlog at the local maternity hospital so some are having to wait until 14 weeks for their first scan!! I've told the father and one friend and one of these days i'll tell my mum! when i can build up the courage..

We have told OH's parents at 12 weeks, and I have not yet told my family, but maybe this weekend (14 1/2 weeks)? I am prob going to tell my work colleagues in the next week or two, but have to tell my family first.....
I have had moments of wanting to tell, but the waiting does get a little easier.....

We told our parents within a week of finding out.

We told friends after the first scan at 13wks - we had a miscarriage in Jan so wanted to wait til the scan.

And I just told work last week at 18wks!!

had scan at 7w5d and saw heartbeat so told everyone. we both agreed that we felt ready to tell everyone x

We told my mum and MIL, I have told 2 people at work, and my sister and BIL. Someone my OH works with happened to guess by a look on his face. Rather freakily, someone who is a 'friend' on facebook, (i mean someone not especially close to IYKWIM) put a comment on my status in which me and OH were having a 'conversation' about him farting and she put something like 'omg nat, that falls into the category of pregnant LOL' So now I am thinking perhaps half my colleagues and friends will see that, think it is real, realise that I have given up smoking recently and put 2 and 2 together. Otherwise everyone else will find out officially at 12 weeks or so. That was the plan with EVERYONE but couldn't wait!

Well - I told a couple people today. I couldn't hold it in! I told 3 people at work (I work with LOTS of people so thats not a lot -and they will keep quiet!) My 2 best work buds, and then One that is pregnant herself, or I probably wouldn't have told her!

Then I told my neighbor too. Wasn't going to, but it kind-a slipped out in my excitement!

Everyone knows its a "secret" though, and they are not to blab! LOL.

Oh - and yesterday I called my friend that lives in another state and is not "connected" to anyone else I know, so I told her too!

Geesh. I have a big mouth! That means I've told 5 people already! LOL. And I thought I was doing good!!!

I swear I'm not telling ANYONE else until after I go to the doctor! Its gonna be so hard!

We've told hubby's parents, a couple of friends who are doctors and one friend I satyed with once (as I was quite sick then).

I don't like lying to people and I've been asked directly by some!! And despite the fact I only saw the bubba last Thursday, I'm going to hold off annoucing it for another week and a half (12w scan is on Sept 4).

Will breath a sigh of relief then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"