When to test?

etsyashlee

Reaction score
I know I ovulated around cycle day 14- but my periods are sometimes a few days to a week longer than a typical 28 day cycle. Does the date you can test for pregnancy go off of the day you ovulated or the day your period is due? Hope that makes sense!

A bunch of people will go by DPO (days past ovulation) and test early around 10 DPO and keep testing until either missed period or their line gets darker. Not everyone can get a positive at that point, though.

Everyone is different when they want to test. I like to wait until my period is due and will test until my period shows up.

The big brand pregnancy tests will say 2-3 days before period and they tend to go off a 28-day cycle, so 12-14 DPO. It just comes down to when you want to test.

I've been testing since 7DPO (lol addict) But I keep getting faint pink lines only after the time frame (15mins or so)... like ten in a row but not getting progressively darker. I'm 11 DPO today.

I think it depends on how early you want to test, or if there's any significant importance to finding out as early as possible. Some prefer to wait until their period is due or wait to see if they miss their period, so if things vary for you and you aren't bothered about finding out early then you could leave it until the latest your period would usually show up then test if it doesn't. Or, you could go by dpo instead, if you want to test as early as possible. In that case, most don't see a positive until after 7dpo, earliest. Usually it's incredibly faint that early as well, which is another reason some prefer to wait longer so there isn't any confusion. I got a light but definite positive on a FRER at about 10dpo with our son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->