When to try after MC :/

Jessie1993

Mother of 2 angel babies
Reaction score
My baby went to be an angel while i was 5 weeks pregnant. It was painful emotionally and physically, and mentally devastating. My first MC. Now I'm scared to TTC again! Clearly I'm going to take some time out for awhile. But id love to hear some stories of ttc after miscarriage.

My doctor said 3-4 months..

I have no exeriance, but didnt want to read and run. Im so sorry for your loss. You mite have more luck getting answers and reccomendations from the TTC after loss forum. Again, so very sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

My baby went to be an angel while i was 5 weeks pregnant. It was painful emotionally and physically, and mentally devastating. My first MC. Now I'm scared to TTC again! Clearly I'm going to take some time out for awhile. But id love to hear some stories of ttc after miscarriage.

My doctor said 3-4 months..

Hi honey. After 1 year of ttc I fell pregnant July 2014 and miscarried September 2013. We started ttc as soon as I stopped bleeding. We both had a really long chat about it and were still ttc. You start when you feel absolutely ready. The pain of losing our baby still hurts to this day xx

I think doctors mostly say 3-4 months to take time out to emotionally heal. My doctor also told me the reason they say wait at least one month is so if you fall pregnant again straight away, dating it is easier. I would start trying again as soon as you feel ready. Big hugs hun, and so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

So sorry to hear of your loss, I too have an Angel baby I had a missed miscarriage at 15 weeks, I went for my dating scan to find I had lost the baby the day before. I can't say I know how your feeling as we all deal with it differently but for me I broke down in the ultrasound room as my husband had lost his mum two days before and I went for the scan alone as he was grieving, to then have to inform him that we had also lost the baby was heartbreaking. I had a D and C 48hrs later 2nd August 2013 and was told I would bleed for a few days and then get my normal period, I bled for ten days straight and did not get a period until October.

For me this was ok as mentally I was not ready, my consultant said leaving it for a few months helps to date the pregnancy easier for them and helps to make sure no infections have been caught after. We are currently in our first month of TTC again and are currently in our two week wait. However I am soooo nervous i want nothing more than to have my BFP again but I'm also sooo nervous that when I do get the BFP whenever that may be, that I will freak out and be absolutely petrified. There is not one day that I don't think of my baby and look at my scan pictures for the 6wk 10 wk and 13 wk scans. But know it does get easier and has got easier. Also my consultant did say there was no real reason we could not try again straight away it was down to personal choice but that they recommend to wait until you are ready emotionally physically. Sorry for long and good luck in your TTC journey

I hd mc in oct & wer told t wait 2/3 cycles b4 trying so will trying again in couple months. Sorry for ur losses its mentally difficult for me t start straight away but think i will ttc again in 2/3 months

Thank yall for the replies and stories. I'm sorry for the losses also. And ttc after a loss isn't very helpful, so that's why i posted here.. I knew ladies here know what I'm going through. I think two months is an appropriate amount of time, if we feel up to it by then. What's the chances of having another miscarriage after the first?

I had a miscarriage in August at 5w6d. My primary doctor said to wait a month so I can know when I ovulate and have an accurate date to work with if I did conceive. The ER doctor said we could try right away and that there is no evidence that conceiving right after a miscarriage has a negative impact on the next pregnancy. So that is what we did.

I had a MMC at 10 weeks and a D&C to follow. My doctor suggested we wait two cycles. I'm currently in my TWW and praying for a BFP.

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I lost my angel in 2010. We started TTC after my first period. It took us 3 months which I know is not a long time but it was the longest 3 months of my life. I was so cut up about the mc that looking back I know I was not ready to start TTC right away but at the same time I know I couldn't have waited either. Having a mc is so hurtful, confusing, and devastating :cry: As far as TTC goes I think you just need to start when you feel ready. I would wait until your first period which makes dating easier.

It's a very personal choice. I waited 2-3 cycles after each of my miscarriages. All of my MC were blighted ovums which mean the baby stopped growing very early but the sac continued to grow normally. Therefore I had to have surgery to end the pregnancy (at 8 weeks). This happened 3 times in a row so by the time I got my 4th BFP I was an emotional wreck! I didn't get to "relax" until about 18 weeks when I could feel my son move....

Even though I have been through treatment I am still very nervous about TTC again after loss...

Good luck to you. Hope you have a sticky bean soon.

Wow. you've been through a lot! Thank u and good luck also!

I got pregnant in March 2012 and unfortunately had a miscarriage at the end of April. We started trying straight away after as I had heard you are more fertile after & emotionally we were ready. I got pregnant again in July 2012 and had my dd march 2013. The pregnancy was more stressful because of the miscarriage & I paid for extra private scans to make sure things were okay.

I don't think having one miscarriage increases your chances of another.

Good luck xxxx

I ovulated and conceived 61 days after my D&C.

I asked my consultant if there was any physical reason not to try first month. She said no, but recommended waiting a cycle to emotionally heal, however since my D&C wasn't until I was 11 weeks and I'd known the pregnancy was a failure since 8+5 I was more than ready to start trying again.

It was a pretty off cycle though. 3 false attempts at ovulation with close to pos OPK's and EWCM before finally ovulating. And when I did ovulated I did so twice and ended up pregnant with twins. However one of those twins was a blighted ovum so I ended up with a vanishing twin and a single viable baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->