When to Try again after Miscarriage

CeeVee

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was after some advice please. I had a m/c on 6th January and have been going to hospital ever since as my hgc levels didnt fall as they should - they have said i had an unlocated pregnancy as womb was empty when they scanned (i was almost 7 weeks). ALthough the bleeding has now stopped my hgc levels are high and as a result i get a BFP on a pregnancy test. Has anybody else gone through this as I would like to try again but wonder if I have to wait to get a BFN before I do. I have not had to have a D&C or any other surgery thank goodness, but am desperate to be pregnant again xx

hiya hun :flower: sorry for your loss...its very normal for you to still get BFP after mc...i still got a + till 10 days after but some womens levels don't settle for up to 6 weeks ive heard..you will have to wait for your levels to be normal before trying again...but good luck with everythingxxx...:thumbup::thumbup:

...ps....i also know how you feel 100% about wanted to be pregnant again...its the only thing that has got me through the pain of loosing my baby..focusing on trying again, the docs and hosp do recommend you wait atleast one cylce b4 ttc again but this is only so its easier to date the pregnancy (from af dates)
iv'e chosen to try again right away...and wish you all the luck:flower::flower:

hey there hunny im so sorry for ur loss, i lost my bean 4th jan so we were very close and must be going through the same emotional feeling and stages right now so wanted send u big :hugs:
ok so now for ur hcg levels, im glad to hear u have a scan and unlocated pregnancy location as that rules out retained products, i had retained products after losing baby last year at about 8 weeks gone i had erpc to remove bean but it was done wrong i then tested pos for 6 weeks after and became very ill and ended up in hops for week and another erpc being done, so my thought on ur hcg is this....its not retained products as scan was clear and no pregnancy location so im thinking where u lost baby at 8 weeks ur hcg would have been very very high now the later in pregnancy u lose ur baby the longer it will take for hcg to drop.
i would defiantly advise u to keep having them checked untill its totally neg, u may also find that with hcg so high ov will be delayed so for now id defo concentrate on losing that hcg and if it doesn't drop accordingly it should defo be checked out, i do hope everything goes ok and loads of :dust: to u huns xx

Thank you both for your lovely replies - meeting people who have experienced the same thing is really comforting and I feel so lucky I am able to meet people who are there for me. Thank you so much and lets hope we can all get some sticky beans by the end of the year:thumbup::flower:

Hear hear to the sticky beans!

Am so sorry for your loss hunny x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back