When to TTC again after C-Section...

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
My Dr recommended a 2 year age gap.
I'm also wanting to try a vbac.

What do you think?

Personally I always try to follow Drs advice. I would say wait if you are wanting a VBAC.

for Vbac it is recommended to wait 18 months - 2 years from the C-section until conceiving - in general though, no less then 1 year between C-section and becoming pregnant, and an ultrasound evaluation of the scar to ensure your uterus is strong enough to handle another pregnancy
Good luck :)

I had an emergency c section with DS1, one doc told me to wait two years and another 3-4 months. There's a 21 month age gap between my two and I had a successful vbac x

Stalking! We're wanting to try when my DS is 1. It never even crossed my mind we'd have to wait and nobody's mentioned anything about it to me.

When I has my daughter I was told to wait 18months before TTC which we did... Although it took 16months and we have a 3.5 year age gap.

I've had a baby boy 3weeks ago and I am already thinking of baby no3. No one has said a thing this time about how long to wait!

Ask86h- you mention about an ultra sound to check scar.... How do you go about getting this ? The local private scan place does a pelvic exam.. I had one before and they told me my scar looked quite neat... Is that what you are referring to or is it something else ?

I think overall the recommendation is to wait 18months ish but I hear about ladies that have much closer gaps x

My doctor said to wait 6 months post delivery via c section. She said that it can get serious if pregnant before that.

I think that generally (whether c section or natural delivery), 18 months is ideal to give the human body the chance to recover from pregnancy and be more ready for another one. I read that many places before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"