• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

when to use stage 2?

F

FierceAngel

luisa is just over 4 weeks now and drinking 4 ozs every 3-4 hours...

every now and again she takes another feed 2 hours after last feed..

so firstly was wondering if i should try her on 5ozs.. (she used to go 4-5 hours between feeds)

and secondly as this means i will have to up the bottle size as the newborn ones are on 4oz bottles.. should i use bigger bottles with stage one teats or use bigger bottles with stage 2 teats (the ones they come with)

it seems like she is taking longer to drasin her bottle..

she seems quite satisfied on the stage 1 milk if she is going 3-4 hours, but hungrier baby milk is suitable from birth

i would try her on 5oz on a bigger bottle and teat...its time to change the teat when they are sucking so hard but dont seem to be swallowing much and they get a bit antsy that its not coming quick enough

if she regularly starts demanding more food after 2 hours for a couple of days(although watch out for it just being a growth spurt) then id try the stage 2 milk which stays in their stomach for longer

I was told not to go to hungrier baby milk until it was the last resort. A HV told me if there is room in the bottle, try and keep going with stage 1. I think its so that when you get closer to weaning, you can switch to hungrier baby if they still are hungry, otherwise you have nothing to fall back on and weaning may have to start early, which they'd prefer you not to.

Incidentally I tried hungrier baby last week as she was taking 8oz and every 3-3.5 hours so HV said to try it , but it didn't agree with my LO so went back to stage 1. She much more happier now. Although it does suit some babies, but I would def try up the amount rather than switching first.

i put my LO on hungrier milk about 2 weeks ago...the way i see it is its your baby and you know if they are ready for it or not!!! the reason why i done this was because although she was on 5oz every 4-5 hours, she would wake up bout 2 hours after screaming for food, and it wasnt because she wanted MORE she just wasnt as satisfied, she wanted to feel fuller and not necissarily want more.
she has been great since being on this and we have had no problems at all and we also have a happier baby, also we have just changed her onto stage 2 teats as well. xx

i was wondering if i should put my LO onto stage 2 as she is taking 5oz about every 3-3.5 hours but she would drain the bottle dry i let her lol.
but if i try to give her 6 oz it seem like it too much fluid for her stomach to take and she throws it back up.

So i was wondering maybe stage 2 would suit her better!!

what you think?

if she is drinking the whole 4 oz then yes move to 5 oz, and so on as soon as she starts to drink it all then move to 6.

my son stay on 1st milk for his whole 1st year , and was perfectly content on it ( along with the solids when they started of course )
i would only use the hungry baby milk if she is draining a whole 9 oz bottle and is still hungry.
if she is taking longer to drain the bottle then maybe it is time for size 2 teats. ignore the age on them you know you baby best, if she manages from them with no problem then stick to the faster ones , if she coughs and splutters it is probably coming out too fast for her ( have a slower one on stand by )
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"