When to wean off bottles?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Natasha2605, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Natasha2605

Natasha2605 2 girlies <3

I'm just wondering? Summer's still on at least 30 oz of milk a day, she doesnt sleep without 8oz or so. Should I maybe start offering milk in a cup? I'm so confused!

2. lawyer81

lawyer81 Well-Known Member

I don't really have any personal experience in this area as my LO is only 5 months but I would think that you could start using a cup for milk straight away. I know if SIL is really struggling to introduce a cup for milk with her LO and he is 15 months. She has really been putting it off and has found that it has become harder the older he gets.

3. emsiee

emsiee Mum of 2

MY LO is coming up to 11 months and is on 3 bottles a day and what I do is offer 1 bottle in a cup per day, generally the mid afternoon bottle of 5/6oz not everyday though.

Over the next few weeks, I plan to also offer her morning bottle in the cup too. Does your LO drink water/juice from a cup? If so, taking the milk from a cup shouldnt be a problem...maybe just start offering her half her milk in the cup, the rest in the bottle so your not doing it all at once x

4. Natasha2605

Natasha2605 2 girlies <3

Thanks, yes she does take juice or water from a cup (with no handles) so will maybe start making the switch shortly, we go on holiday next week so will tackle it after then! Thank you's xx