When to wean off bottles?

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
I'm just wondering? Summer's still on at least 30 oz of milk a day, she doesnt sleep without 8oz or so. Should I maybe start offering milk in a cup? I'm so confused!

I don't really have any personal experience in this area as my LO is only 5 months but I would think that you could start using a cup for milk straight away. I know if SIL is really struggling to introduce a cup for milk with her LO and he is 15 months. She has really been putting it off and has found that it has become harder the older he gets.

MY LO is coming up to 11 months and is on 3 bottles a day and what I do is offer 1 bottle in a cup per day, generally the mid afternoon bottle of 5/6oz not everyday though.

Over the next few weeks, I plan to also offer her morning bottle in the cup too. Does your LO drink water/juice from a cup? If so, taking the milk from a cup shouldnt be a problem...maybe just start offering her half her milk in the cup, the rest in the bottle so your not doing it all at once x

Thanks, yes she does take juice or water from a cup (with no handles) so will maybe start making the switch shortly, we go on holiday next week so will tackle it after then! Thank you's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->