• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When was the earliest you saw a heartbeat?

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls. I have an early scan booked tomorrow for 6+2 (due to previous losses). I really want to be able to see the heartbeat, but is know that it might be too early.
I am also just so scared that the little bean will be in the wrong spot, or irregular or not there at all... Ah I am so nervous and scared!

Just wondering when the earliest was that any of you have seen a heartbeat?
Thank you xx

6w3d, the hb was 156.
2 weeks later hb had ramped up to 174, and we heard it on that visit, too. :)

I saw it just last week at 6 weeks 2 days. Just a little flicker, everything is so tiny.
Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!!

I saw "fetal heart activity" at 5+6, then saw/heard the actual heartbeat at 6+4.

Good luck!

Thank you all so much for your replies! I am so nervoussssss!!

What is "fetal heart activity"? Sorry

5w6d with this one. Measured just 3mm!
Previous pregnancies, been in as early as 6w1d and 6w3d and saw hb no worries!

With my son we saw the hearbeat and 5+5 I think. The sonogropher said it had just started beating.

I had a scan at 6 weeks and we could see the heartbeat. Though I was measuring less than 6 weeks but I know my dates so I'm sure I was 6 weeks (baby then grew 4mm in 4 days so I think just too early to get an 'accurate' length)

:flow:

Thank you all so much for your replies! I am so nervoussssss!!

What is "fetal heart activity"? Sorry

I think it just meant that they could see that the heart was working but they couldn't measure the heartbeat yet because it was too early. I'm not really sure. The end result was a healthy baby girl though : )

5w6d with this one. Measured just 3mm!
Previous pregnancies, been in as early as 6w1d and 6w3d and saw hb no worries!

Exactly the same here. Me and dan-o seem to be ttc twins haha!

3mm and heart pulsations seen. I know now I was exactly 5w6d

How did it go?? I get mine done the 31st and I will be 6w and 2 days as well. I'm just as nervous as u !! I feel Luke the baby has stopped growing.

Thank you all for your replies. My scan is this morning, I'm currently drinking my litre of water (and hoping I don't throw it all up). So scared. Neither DH or I can stomach to eat breakfast.
Wish me luck x

So we left the appointment really deflated. She couldn't see anything with the pelvic ultrasound so she did a transvaginal (as expected). She said there is a pregnancy there but it is only a sac. She said the lining is thick and good but there's just a yolk sac and no baby. She thinks I am 5 weeks along, rather than 6. She said the sperm could've been slow, and then the egg could've taken a week to implant? But she also said that she can't see the future so she can't say if it will be okay.
Left feeling a bit empty.

Oh my goodness :O now I'm really scared to go to my us...so are they taking bloods or doing another ultrasound on you? Are u still having symptoms?Any cramps? I'm so sorry girl :') just something else to worry about i know (like we need something else to worry about.) I think it will be OK tho BC they said there is a yolk sac so thats a very good sign :) stay positive sweety

Thanks. Yeh still feel pregnant. I haven't got my last bloods back yet. I need to book a dr appointment so that they can look at the scans and talk to me about it. It sucks that my dr is on holidays for a month so I have to see someone else. The sonographer recommended my next appointment for 7 weeks away! I can't wait that long... I'm worried that the pregnancy just stopped growing last week. If I was seeing my normal doc I would ask for a referral for another scan in 2 weeks... I will ask the fill-in dr anyway, but I don't know if they will say yes or make me wait.
Due to my previous early losses, another scan in a few weeks showing any growth would stop me stressing out so much.

Good luck with your scan. Let me know how it goes.

If you implanted late than your dates could be off by a few days and that makes a HUGE difference this early. Seeing only the yolk sack is perfectly normal for your dates. Don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"