When was the earliest you started dialating?

laila 44

Reaction score
Hi!

Did any of you start dialating early? when do you usually start?

Just wondering...thanks! xo

I was wondering the same...
How early it can start?

I started dialating at 35 weeks and have been stuck at 1cm since. I had labor stopped at 31 and 32 weeks though.

I wonder this too. I am 37 weeks and still 0. I guess it's different for all of us.

At my 35 week check I was 1 cm dilated. . 50% effaced.... hopefully I will see some progress when I go back next week. . but I could stay this way for weeks and weeks. . .

Thats a good question and does the mw check at your antenatal appointments??

no idea! I am wondering if anyone knew of when the dialation began...

It really depends on the person...there isn't a set amount of weeks that is normal really. Some women dialate early and some women won't dialate at all and need inducing. It really varies ladies :flower:

They do regular cervical checks here in the US starting at 36 weeks (it depends on the dr though) but I heard they don't do that in the UK :shrug: I'm not from there so I'm really not sure. There are women on here that do their own cervical checks but I have never done that.

I'm 1-2cm and have been since 32 weeks. This is our third pregnancy, the doctor said it can sometimes be normal to dilate a little early and it didn't mean preterm labor was imminent. I don't think they know much about it though as most women don't get checked this early. I was having contractions that they stopped at the hospital. Not pre term labor, but "irritable uterus". I'm fairly confident that we will still carry to term.

In first pregnancies you tend not to dialate till labor. In later pregnancies you tend to start dilating earlier. At 38 weeks I was 1cm and 50% effaced and baby was high. At 39 weeks I was 3cm 70% effaced and at a -2 station......and 4 days later I am still 3cm with no labor in sight! ARGH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->