When we TTC

T

TashaAndBump

hehehehehehe MrBum and I have been discussing this tonight, and we've decided that we won't tell anybody who we know that we are actually trying, and we won't tell anybody that we are pregnant - I wonder who will be the first to have the cheek to ask me if I'm pregnant or fat?! rofl

Of course, excitement may well get the better of this and it probably won't work out quite that way! lol

DH wants to send my mother a card, congratulating her on her daughter's pregnancy - then she will have to guess which of her daughters it is :rofl:

... We're not really all that immature - honest! Just fun talking about it all and how we will go about things :D

Lol, it's always fun to plan ahead. I know that if it was me excitement would win and i'd be telling anyone who'd listen :rofl:

Yeah when i was preggers i didnt wanna tell anyone till i was at the "safe" point of 12 weeks and couldnt even wait a week. THe antisipation will get the best of you

Well, when we were pregnant with Anna we managed to just tell my mum (who told my brother and sister!) and my husband's parents when we found out - everyone else we waited until after the 12 week scan - we told them with the picture! lol It was excruciatingly nerve-racking, though - I wanted to tell the whole world! Thankfully, I will have all you bnb girls to share it with so hopefully that will take some of the edge off!!

when are you starting Tasha to ttc?:)

We held off telling people with Connor until he was 12 + weeks, just in case something was to go wrong. I did blurt it to my mom and best friend but only because I couldn't help but share the good news I was going to be a mom :) I think we wont tell people when we are TTC and probably wait until a safe period to tell everyone. I might even resist finding out the sex of the baby for excitement.

Your girls have more willpower than me, which is great. I can't keep it to myself longer than 2 seconds after I POAS! I tell the whole world right away. Sadly I've had 3 MC so I've had to tell everyone "nevermind" a bunch of times but I'm just being true to myself and I just can't hold it in, wish I could honestly.

I would also love to wait to find out the sex but again, JUST CANT DO IT, haha, I'm a planner so that waiting until the end of get some of the clothes, etc I just can't do..nor do I want everything yellow/green but it would be amazing to be suprised. I worked for Siemens Ultrasound with my first two children so I was scanned nearly everyday so obviously it would be tough to not find out the sex and I was NOT turning down times to see the little beans...

wow that was long winded...so sorry ha!

:rofl: now thats the sort of thing i would like to do, but i am too easily excited! and would just blurt it out.

I'm crap at keeping secrets. I love to think I would be able to hold off telling people til 12 weeks, but I think everyone will know before that. :rofl:

Your girls have more willpower than me, which is great. I can't keep it to myself longer than 2 seconds after I POAS! I tell the whole world right away. Sadly I've had 3 MC so I've had to tell everyone "nevermind" a bunch of times but I'm just being true to myself and I just can't hold it in, wish I could honestly.

I would also love to wait to find out the sex but again, JUST CANT DO IT, haha, I'm a planner so that waiting until the end of get some of the clothes, etc I just can't do..nor do I want everything yellow/green but it would be amazing to be suprised. I worked for Siemens Ultrasound with my first two children so I was scanned nearly everyday so obviously it would be tough to not find out the sex and I was NOT turning down times to see the little beans...

wow that was long winded...so sorry ha!

Don't apologise! lol If you get excited and tell the world there's nothing wrong with that - I hope that meant you had a lot of support through your losses? :hugs:

I was literally bursting to tell everyone by 12 weeks and because I'd had to wait so long for that I'd told practically every stranger who would listen!! :rofl: That's partly why I love bnb - while I'm trying not to talk about being pregnant with my family or friends at least I can come on here and pregnant-talk to my hearts content! lmao!

Fortunately they don't give you the option to find out the sex here! I wanted it to be a surprise, but knowing me, my will power would have caved in and I'd have asked! haha I SO wanted to know whether to buy pink or blue! I felt I knew Anna was going to be a girl anyway - and she was! (which is fortunate, because I had a few girly outfits picked out ready, and her name, too! lol)

My will power is short atm - finding it hard to keep schtum about getting my coil removed, so God knows how I will cope keeping pregnancy a secret!! :lol:

Good luck to everyone TTC; Can't wait to see how all of our will powers hold out in practice! hehehe

Dont think i will tell anyone when i do eventually get pregnant,
I think i shouted it from the roof tops with my 3 boys
:rofl:

We've planned to not tell anyone at all until the 12 week point. We will most probably tell my mother in law as she knows all about our TTC plans. My mum on the other hand is, well lets just say she likes to be involved, and can be very smothering so hubby and I have joked about not going to see her at all from the point I start to show and then he will call her when we give birth and say 'congratulations grandma!' lol. Cruel but necessary. Plus MIL is a nurse so I know I will be calling her saying, 'Di, is this twinge meant to happen' lol. :rofl: :blush:

I know I'll be blurting it out all over here though as i'm super excited already and we have 12 months left on the ticker!!!!!!! :dohh:

We've planned to not tell anyone at all until the 12 week point. We will most probably tell my mother in law as she knows all about our TTC plans. My mum on the other hand is, well lets just say she likes to be involved, and can be very smothering so hubby and I have joked about not going to see her at all from the point I start to show and then he will call her when we give birth and say 'congratulations grandma!' lol. Cruel but necessary. Plus MIL is a nurse so I know I will be calling her saying, 'Di, is this twinge meant to happen' lol. :rofl: :blush:

I know I'll be blurting it out all over here though as i'm super excited already and we have 12 months left on the ticker!!!!!!! :dohh:

:rofl: That's funny. We did think about not telling anyone until it was too obvious to deny lol. When my mum got pregnant (we were pregnant at the same time with out LOs last year) we thought about just avoiding my grandmother until they were born (for much the same reasons as you not wanting your ma to know), and then popping round for a cuppa - with the babis! :lol: Of course it didn't really work out like that in reality - We told her after the 12 week scan - couldn't hold it in! :blush: ... plus we lived in a very small village at the time and we didn't want her finding out from the local gossips! :rofl:

Good luck with everything, mr&mrsfleming. Enjoy your last year together as a couple ...before you become a family!! :happydance: I hope that you gain many more happy memories over the wait... September 09 will come around in no time! xx

oo how exciting !
I could never keep it in even if i wanted :lol: When i got a positive with ella i ran into my mums work with the test waving around like a loon :lol:
Good luck with it ;)

I know it's a long way off for me (most likely) but plan is not to tell anyone until 12 weeks. There is one exception to that rule and that will be my sister. I need to tell her when we are ttc as I don't want any surprises for her (she had a mc last year and is still trying to get pg). In an ideal world, I'd like her to get pg before me, but in reality I can't guarantee that obviously.

Good luck Tasha! When the plan is in action, you'll have to get back to us on who asked you first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->