When were you UK girlies first scanned?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I'm 13 weeks today, I've not yet been scanned and I don't even have an appointment for a scan in the future. My midwife saw me late, I had my first appt when I was nearly 12 weeks rather than the usual 10.

She took my blood and sent it off to the hospital and told me that they would send me a letter as soon as they could with my scan date. Instead I got a letter back saying the blood wasn't labelled properly and it needed redoing. So I had to go have my bloods redone (which I'm sure they've done wrong again) but still no scan date :shrug:

My mother said that if I don't have a scan before 14 weeks, they won't be able to do the tests that they need to and with Christmas coming I'm worried I won't be able to see my baby for another however many weeks. I bled really lightly last night and even though I know baby should be fine I'm just panicking :(

Sorry this has turned into a mini rant, that wasn't the intention. Basically, is this normal? How can I get my scan sorted out?

Hey I had my scan at 11+2 should have been 12+4 but I had some spotting so they gave me an early scan turned out I was a whole week ahead so they did my NT scan there and then I saw my midwife at 8 weeks got my scan letter a week after that visit. If you had some spotting speak to your midwife she might refer you to the epu for a scan to make sure all is well xx

Because bleeding has took place you can go up to the hospital, they should get you a scan, if they dont you can refuse to go until you know your baby is ok xxxx

Normally in the uk the first scan is at 12 weeks or as close as they can do to that date.. I would definetly think you should have had one by now, as for the bleeding as long as there is no severe pain I wouldn't stress about it , I bled on and off throughout the majority of my first pregnancy and everything was fine :flower: I would be pretty annoyed about the blood work mess up though wtf? I like Gemma's suggestion although I said don't worry about the bleeding and don't! It probably could be used as a reason to get a scan if you went to the hospital seeings as your midwife doesn't seem to be doing her job properly atm :/

I'm pretty sure the latest they can do you first scan is 13+6, so I'd definitely chase them up x

Thanks girls. I'm going to call the hospital tomorrow as my midwife hasn't called me back at all today. Hopefully I can be seen by the end of the week. I think it's unfair of them to make me wait any longer. I have a 15 week midwife appt on the 29th so if I've not seen baby on a scan I'm not sure what that will be for otherwise!

For the bleeding you could go to the early pregnancy clinic who would scan and also date you? X

You need to phone your ultrasound dept for you NT scan asap. They cant do it after 13+6, it will just be a dating scan after that. I had to book mine direct as my MW cant see me until after 12w either x

Try epu if that fails go to a&e, don't stress about the bleeding though but mention it as they have to act on it & will use that scan for tests usually that's what I've heard if you go in for an emergency scan between 11 & 14 weeks xxx

Update: I got my scan date through. My 12 week scan was scheduled for when I would be 16w :grr:

I called them up and they have no space to see me before 14+1w but are trying to rearrange the appointments to fit me in. I can't believe how messed up this is! Hopefully it will all work out

16 weeks?! I thought the midwives and hospital near me are bad for doing it usually bang on 14 weeks!xxxx

Making you wait until 16 weeks for your first scan is absolutely appalling! I'd be making a complaint if I were you. I don't know if you were planning on having it but the latest they can do the Nuchal Translucency scan is 14 weeks, that's why first scans are normally done between 11-13+6.

Hope you manage to get it sorted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"