When will I get excited?

mod19

Reaction score
Back in April I had my second ectopic pregnancy and had my right tube removed. Before any of that happened both dh and I were extremely excited. My Dr put me on clomid this cycle (I o on my own but down a tube), had a positive opk the morning of my sono so I expected to go in and see some eggs ready to go, but there was one little follicle that wasn't close to being ready. Dr said I could have already ovulated but didn't really look like it and to call her when I get my period to up my dosage sinc 50mg did nothing for me. So I chalked this month up to a loss and had some drinks with friends over the last week.

This morning I took a test, basically out of habit, and it was positive. Now, both dh and I want this, but neither of us are excited it seems. I'm been super emotional and crying all day and he seems mad too. What's wrong with us?

I can't completely understand but I can relate somewhat.
I didn't relax at all til we got the 10 week scan and didn't get excited til my 12/13 week one because of my mmc.
I think after a loss that's just how it is.
Xx

:hugs: after everything you've been through it seems perfectly normal. I think you are trying to protect your heart. Be kind to yourself and with time I believe you and your husband will be overjoyed :hugs::hugs:
Congratulations:hugs:

I think its different for everyone. Some women take till the end of the pregnancy. I haven't been too excited this pregnancy but now I've reached 12w the ultrasound really helped to get me excited and also now I've started telling people. Their excitement is kind of infectious.

You'll get there. Just don't feel guilty or stressed about not feeling excited. It'll come in its own time

Ditto what everyone else has said.
After a loss, it's harder to get excited. I was excited the second I got my BFP, however that was immediately overshadowed by my fear of another MMC. It took quite a while for me to get excited again, and even now I'm not near the level of excitement I was with my first two pregnancies. I'm hoping that my 12 week ultrasound on Friday will help up my level of excitement.

Exactly what the other women said. After a loss it's hard to feel safe, and you're just protecting yourself.
In my case I have very high risk pregnancies and I don't feel safe until I know bubby will survive on the outside. The 12 week scan is when lots of other women feel safe I think.

Thanks guys. I was excited when I first saw that second line, but it soon went away and now I feel almost nothing. I did have symptoms this time that I didn't have with the other two but convinced myself it was nothing. I'm sure you guys are spot on with getting excited after I know everything is ok.

Betheney guilty is exactly how I feel. Glad I'm not alone on this though and a not a weirdo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->