When will I get my period back?

La Mere

Mama of 4, ttc #5
Reaction score
I was just wondering how long after giving birth and with breastfeeding, other moms period returned? I've read a lot of stuff about it, but haven't really got a definite answer. It's been 9 months on Saturday since I gave birth to my DD and while I'm enjoying not having my period, in the back of my mind I'm always wondering when it's going to strike, so to speak lol and am to the point sometimes where I'm like 'come on already!'. Any answers you guys have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mine returned at exactley 10.5 months - although it did co-inside with 4 weeks after my LO went in her own room and we stopped co-sleeping so I think that had something to do with it.

My DD co-sleeps with my DH and I pretty much every night. She has her own crib, but absolutely hates it and starts screaming the instant any part of her touches down into the crib lol. Thank you for your reply!!!

Mine returned at 8 months pp last time. However, my LO had been in her crib in her own room since about 3 weeks and I returned to work when she was 9 weeks (pumped at work). She was breastfed exclusively until 6 months when we introduced solids, and then I continued BFing her until she was over 1 and could start cow's milk (and I was pregnant again by then).

I have exclusively breast fed this kid, straight from the breast, never a bottle, never have pumped, AND MY PERIOD CAME BACK TODAY. :cry:

I bfd and started Lo on the odd bit of solids at 21wk and period came back pretty much bang on 6 months (and still am breast feeding).

Mine came back yesterday! 1 day off of 10 months :thumbup: glad its back, surprisingly! And not a single cramp. Whoop!!

I have been combi feeding since LO was 2 weeks and she is now 6 months. Absolutely no sign. I had to have an abdominal scan for something else and the doc said if I don;t have it by now I wprobably won't until I stop BFing altogether, its kinda annoying how much money we are wasting on condoms lol!

1 year pp for us. We are still bfing and my period is pretty regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"