• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When will people make there first baby purchases

Lauz85

Reaction score
As the title just wondering when everyone plans on making their first purchases and if they have made them what were they ? This is baby no 2 and we still have all the big items from DS so don't need loads!

I'm 12w 5d and am still nervous to buy even tho I have seen baby at u/s and everything looked well but when I go shopping I can't help but sneak a peek at the baby clothes :blush:

After 12 weeks I will...probably at 13 weeks and on.. thats when my stress level goes down a lot lol Congrats!

It's so hard not to at the very least window shop isn't it?! Probably when we get our gender scan at 16 weeks. Big items will be 30+ weeks. Like the pram and mattress.

I would be comfortable anytime after 12 weeks though.

I'd say give in to your urge and buy a little something! :) it's the part of the fun of pregnancy!

I've had a wish list since before baby was conceived. Haven't added to it recently though. We've had three losses in the past so I won't feel fully confident until way into second tri. Its not like I'm waiting until then though, I just have no baby-shopping urge at the moment.

I am not buying anything until we are fully into the 2nd trimester. I know it sounds silly but I don't want to jinx it and get ahead of ourselves. We aren't even telling family until then.

With my daughter I started from Bfp
Didn't need anything for my son.

After my loss, I'm too nervous to buy, so probably won't bother until the third trimester x

With my son I bought a little keepsake when I was 6 weeks. I bought a security blanket teddy which has been his best friend from day one!!! (He actually lost the original about a year ago but bought 2 just in case!!) So I will do the same again with this one. When I get to 6 weeks I'll go and choose another security blanket teddy and if god forbid anything went wrong, then I'd have a keepsake.

I will probably wait until we find out if it's a boy or girl. A little outfit for it. If it's a boy he will be getting a ton of hand me downs but if it's a girl let the shopping spree begin!

Before I peed on a stick I went to carters and bought a ton of baby clothes both for boy or girl. They were having an amazing deal. 5 pack of oneies for $6. I figured I have a ton of friends who are pregnant that I can always gift the clothes to one of them. As far as the other gear. I will need to buy all new things since I didn't keep anything from my DD. We thought we'd be one and done for about 3 years. Then I started getting baby fever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"