when will the NHS employ people that arnt morons

pink_phoenix

Reaction score
First of all sorry for the rant I appreciate most staff with the NHS are a godsend, I just always get stuck with the itiots

Been ill since Wednesday, head ache, dizzy, confused, struggling to keep food or fluid down, not that I can get much into start with, struggling to keep cool just to name a few things

So rung 111 finally after having just about as much as I can handle
First response well why didn't u ring ur doc, ok fair enough but I hate to feel like I'm wasting time so tried to grin and bear it, to what the reply was well y not ring now instead of us, we'll apart from the fact I don't even know what day it is let alone the time I'm pretty confident my docs are shut.

Went thru some questions which obviously some answers arnt always black and white they take a bit of explaining to which the woman seems like she couldn't give a rats arse to then be told ring my own doc or if they can't fit me in ring back after half 6.
Advice in the mean time have a back/neck massage and a hot bath and (her exact words) although it's not advisable, take paracetamol!!!!

So some one who is struggling with being too hot and dizzy not to mention pregnant should take painkillers and have a hot bath, what the actual f@#k!!
Oh and only ring back if ur docs are shut or u actually pass out :doh:
Hmmm I'm no rocket scientist but I'm pretty sure if I run a hot bath I'd pass out before I even managed to get in it.

Now I remember why I don't bother with out of hours services

Oh and rung drs.........surprise surprise there shut :wacko:

Ok rant over haha

What does nhs stand for and who is 111?

I dislike when people work in professions where they don't belong. Not all people need to work just for the money. Sorry for the dumbos. They treat pregnant women who are out of it like Superwomen who know all the answers and have been pregnant 18times

Can you not just phone hospital early pregnancy bit and talk to a midwfe there?

Person you got on phone seems a tad clueless!

I phoned them when my lo was ill, and it just sounded like she was reading off a script and didn't have any actual medical knowledge herself. Also was very robotic with just asking the questions then reading out advice. No conversation, no empathy. No help whatsoever.

Although pretty sure paracetamol is ok to take...

Although hot bath when you're struggling to keep cool? Nevermind being pregnant! Really?!

What does nhs stand for and who is 111?

I dislike when people work in professions where they don't belong. Not all people need to work just for the money. Sorry for the dumbos. They treat pregnant women who are out of it like Superwomen who know all the answers and have been pregnant 18times

NHS is the national health service I think it is. Itsour government health service in England and 111 is the out ofhours service like a non emergency 999.

I eventually got thru to someone who seemed more interested who sent me to a and e. Been admitted now with head scans planned for the morning. Also they think it may just be dehydration so fluids in the mean time.
I do have other medical conditions did keep trying to explain didn't feel related to that or pregnancy.

Suppose I'm in best place now just to much of a stress head hospitals

Although pretty sure paracetamol is ok to take...

Although hot bath when you're struggling to keep cool? Nevermind being pregnant! Really?!

Yeah that's exactly what i thought. Needless to say I was not a happy bunny after that phone call
Wish common sense was as common as it sounded haha xx

I hope u feel better. Let us know how ur doing. Wat dingbats

Really starting to lose my rag with this hospital. Woman opposite has people turn up when they feel like it. Alarms been going off since 7am on my drip because it's empty but instead of being changed they just keep silencing it. EVERY 10 minute this things goes off but can be an hour before anyone bothers to come round

And I'm pretty sure my drip shouldn't look like this
IMG_20141209_091322.jpg
I'm gonna take it out myself soon, clearly don't need it

Half 10, still no one has come to sort this drip. Went to the nurses station to ask about it atleast 10 people there just completely ignored me, 2 people pushed past me to get to the photo copier with out even saying excuse me, move, kiss me arse nout!! Word of warning to any one in west yorkshire avoid airedale hospital in Keighley like the plague. Ud have better luck throwing ur self under a bus. If I wasn't pregnant and worried something might get stuck in my arm I'd have took the bloody thing out myself and gone home

I assure you, not all of us NHS staff are morons :winkwink: I have met a lot that are though lol.

I hope your hospital experience gets better soon. If they give you a patient experience questionnaire when you leave, make sure you fill it in honestly and ask for an address to post a complaint to if necessary x

I did say at the beginning of my post that I don't think all NHS staff are morons, only that I get stuck with the morons they do employ. I must just attract them lol

There norms like a switch thing on the drip to block it off when it runs out.

Go to nurses station i ask where you can complain. Im sure youll be seen then

A woman from theatre eventually came to help a woman across from me and came in to help. She put some clip on drip that she said would all stop it running back down. I went to the nurses station and stood for ages while they just looked at the me like I was an idiot and walked off. Two women actually pushed past me to get to the copier machine with out as much as an excuse me, move out the way, nothing. Got really upset and rung OH and he rung asking why they were taking the piss and a nurse came and asked why I was upset and I just ripped into her!! Was moved onto another ward after that so chilled out a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->