when will they do a sweep?

sophie85

mummy to olivia
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering when the MW will do a sweep? is it 40 weeks or 41 weeks?
I have my 40 week appointment tomorrow and am hoping she might do one. Ive been having signs that labour could happen soon, but it might not happen soon and i just really want to meet my LO!!!

thanks in advance xxxx

No harm in asking hun, it tends to depend on whether you arre consultant or midwife lead. As to hen and who does them.

Ask there is no reason they shouldnt xxx

My SIL getting one tomorrow, she'll only be 38+6 xox

thanks girls! im going to ask for one and hope she will give me one.. i cant see why she would say no!! ill keep my fingers crossed! x

She should give you one, i asked at 37+4 and she said no but i could at my next one which is 39+4, good luck xx

I was told by mine I can't have one til 41 weeks as supposed research says they are most effective after 40 full weeks of pregnancy.
I think its another one of those things where it just depends on where you live and who you see on the day.
Definitely ask though, I don't recommend overdueness!

My M/W said she could give me one at 37 wks, but I see her 2moro and I'm only 36+6.
Why would my M/W give them so early? xx

Here it is minimum of 41 weeks. I guess its because if there is no medical reason for it to be done they would rather baby decide to come naturally ?

Personally I don't want a sweep and am trying everything possible to get baby to come before Friday which is when im booked for one !

i know how you feel darling i got my appointment tomoz and im hoping for one, i dont want to go over due for to long 40 weeks is long enough :)

Good luck xxxxx

I also have my 40 week appointment tomorrow and am hoping that she'll give me a sweep as i am due tomorrow ... come on baby out baby out !

i was due to have one at 41 weeks but had my lo at 40+6 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->