• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

when will this tiredness pass?

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
i am now just over 6 weeks pregnant and i feel rough as anything.
i am constantly tired and i am struggling to get through the day.

will this pass after a while or am i gonna be constantly tired?

:hugs: i am hoping it passes soon too... I am much the same as you

Me too! Almost 8 weeks and no let-up. But I think it's supposed to improve after the first trimester...

The first 12 weeks are the hardest...so everyone says...I'm still very tired but not as before.

I cant wait for the tiredness to pass.
At the moment i sleep every afternoon, as well as my night sleep.
It doesnt seem to matter how much i sleep though, as im always exhausted.

I have been feeling tired for a few weeks but the last few days OMG severe tiredness. I'm more than happy to feel like this if my raisin is ok, but my god it's exhausting. XXX

its starting to subside now - im 12 weeks...still shattered though! But not as bad as past few weeks

I thought it would end at the end of 1st Tri at least but

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Good luck! Drink plenty of water to keep you vitalised! (I sound like some prick advertising mineral water on the telly!)

Hey ladies. I had severe tiredness through my first trimester, and at times it was hard to deal with. It didn't let up for me until about 14/15 weeks BUT now it's gone I've never felt better. Second trimester is such a wonderful time, obviously everyone's different, but you have so much more energy, you start to glow, your bump really starts to come into it's own and of course you finally get to feel your little one inside you. Bear with the tiredness, it does get better. Just work with it instead of fighting it, and rest whenever you need to (even if that means coming straight home from work and going to bed). It is infuriating feeling that you're getting nothing done, but trust me you'll have plenty of energy to catch up on that stuff in second trimester. And you know what? The ironing, housework, chores will still be there then so just let them be for a while (or better still rope in your DH)! Now off to bed all of you and get some rest! :sleep:

Mine has eased slightly over the last week. Hopefully when I get to second tri we will feel much better !

Last time with my daughter It got so much better after the 14th week for me. I remember the feeling of heavy eyelids :(
I feel ok atm but i'm sure it'll start in a few weeks!

Snap i am soooo tired!!!! i get up and am still so tired

I'm sleeping for about 13 hours a day, and I'm still knackered. I just hope it is starting to get better by the time the holidays are finished.

I'm the same so tired all the time with lots of nausea. I'm so pleased it's Easter and we have only a 4 day week at work next weekhttp://www.babyandbump.com/images/smilies/happydance2.gif. My DH thinks it's all a bit odd that I'm falling asleep around 8pm during eastenders :sleep:

Me too!

I felt so relieved when I stumbled onto a couple of video diaries on Youtube...

All the 'early pregnancy' info places seemed to concur that you may discover you're pregnant from feeling 'tired' or 'low in energy' - something in me took this to mean that it may not happen to everyone (me).

But crumbs!

At least seeing the video blogs I could witness these poor women were feeling just as bamboozled by the exhaustion as I am ;)

I'm crossing everything that it will pass after 12 weeks, otherwise I don't think I'm going to be miss popular at work :/

yuck i feel absolubtely YUCK...like an old woman of 77...icky , nauseaous, tired.. just rotten...but this is the hardest part.....and so much saliva...eurch

Yesterday was the first day in weeks where I haven't needed a nap late afternoon, so proud of myself!

Yesterday was the first day in weeks where I haven't needed a nap late afternoon, so proud of myself!

:yipee: CharlottesMa

Today is the first day (in 2+ weeks) my brain feels awake!
i was starting to get reeeeally scared that work was going to be a nightmare until leave

My body had got used to sleeping for 6 hours and no more - I'd go to bed at 10pm and get up at 4am for work before I got pregnant and that was exactly how my body carried on after I got pregnant. Altho for the first few weeks (before I knew I was pg) I felt totally and utterly knackered! If I sat down I couldnt keep my eyes open!

The tiredness seems to have eased up altho my body is still keeping a 6 hour sleep pattern even tho I've had a week off work. Except for today :D I got up after 6 hours, had some toast and tea then went back to bed for another 4 :happydance:

Managed two days in a row without a nap, even felt well enough to cook a full roast dinner yesterday, it's amazing how much little things can please me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"