When will you announce?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
I know everyone is different and their comfort varies based off experiences, but when will you generally announce to family/friends?

My immediate family and close friends know. We told my inlaws and mom at 6 weeks. My best friends I told right away. Our son even knows, but he's too little to go around blabbing.

We've had an ultrasound at 8 weeks that was great. We waited until 11-12ish weeks with my son I believe.

Our parents are dying to let people know and it's not that I don't want to, but I am nervous for some reason!

What was the defining thing that made you feel comfortable to tell everyone? Was it hitting a certain week? Was it hearing the heartbeat and having a good ultrasound?

I told everyone at 9 weeks with my son as we had seen a good strong ultrasound and felt confident in doing so.

We've told my mother in law and I've told work colleagues so far as I work in nursing so provisions need to be made. We won't be telling anyone else - including my now 4 year old son, until we've seen the scan at 12 weeks :)

First time round I told people I saw regularly after the 12 week scan, then announced on facebook at about 7 months.

This time aside from close friends and family I'm not telling anyone until I tell my 3 year old and I'm waiting for as long as possible on that account as I'm really struggling with morning sickness and fatigue atm and I don't want her resenting the baby for making mummy sick and grumpy.. Plus I want to make sure everything is OK before I let her know.

I told around 8 weeks as my morning sickness was terrible and the bloat was super noticeable. I feel you should be able to celebrate whenever you're ready. If anything happens it's good to have the support of your loved ones as well.

I told work at 7 weeks because I was so incredibly sick people were talking so I felt it was better to have it out in the open. I will say at no point during this pregnancy have I felt "safe"...not even 4 days before I'm going to deliver so it wouldn't have mattered to me to wait longer. I did end up trickle telling everyone over the next couple weeks and then Facebook announcing it at 12 weeks. I think it's all a personal thing, how open you feel like being.

We plan to announce soon. Probably next week TBH. I feel that if something were to happen I would rather people know to be able to support me than me going through that on my own.

I tell people after the heartbeat is found and I've had the first ultrasound (so 8 weeks). I've already told close friends and family because they kept offering me drinks! I don't ever announce on Facebook

I tell people after the heartbeat is found and I've had the first ultrasound (so 8 weeks). I've already told close friends and family because they kept offering me drinks! I don't ever announce on Facebook

I'm curious as to why not on Facebook? Is it cos you have people on there not considered friends?? I only ask as we are debating the whole Facebook thing and my husband has said he doesn't want it on there! I want to weigh it up and really delve into why I'd want it on there then think about the merits of it being there.

All I can really see is because it's easier to tell the wider friend circle and also wider family circle. I wouldn't be one to ring and tell people! So if I don't put it on Facebook the only people finding out is my close friends, work colleagues and parents and grandparents.

Then I assume colleagues tell the whole building (haha), parents will start telling their friends and the older and extended family when it comes up in conversation..

I'm really toying with the idea of no announcement on social media!

I also have friends who don't post photos on social media. I can tell you now I love Instagram and I am a keen baby photographer. But even I have thought about my precious baby's face being out there...and a small part makes me feel uncomfortable...

My friend bans her friends and family from uploading photos of her son too! Whereas my other friend sees photos of her daughter uploaded by her mum on Facebook and that's the first time she's seen them lol. I find that quite strange!

Through all this I'll be the first to tell you I feel quite privileged to see baby photos, toddler etc etc when friends are out and About! And also their pregnancy announcements!!!

Oh man I just don't know! Lol

With DD we told family before I even hit 4 weeks and at 4 weeks announced to Facebook (aka everyone).
Second pregnancy we waited until about 8 weeks until we saw a good strong heartbeat on ultrasound and then miscarried a week and a half later.
This pregnancy my work knows because I needed light duty restrictions and our close family knows. We haven't announced to the world yet. Probably next week if the ultrasound goes well we will. I'll be almost 7 weeks

We told immediate family at 6 weeks, and close friends and family after the 12 week ultrasound (although I'm sure my mom had told a few people before that!). I didn't have an early U/S, but if I did, I may have told people earlier. I just wanted to see the baby moving and hear heartbeat etc.

I did a FB announcement at 24 weeks just out of an abundance of caution, even though most people on there already knew.

Told my inlaws at about 4 weeks, we live in the same city, and my boss shortly after that because I work with kids and needed to be super cautious with everything plus I was (still am) feeling sleepy and drowsy all the time. I am 7w4d now and I'm flying to my parents home in two weeks so that's when I plan to surpise them! Hope all goes well.

I told my mom and best friend at 4 1/2 weeks, SIL at 6 weeks, my sister and inlaws at 8 weeks after ultrasound. I plan on telling our grandparents and rest of the family next week after my 12 week appointment... I am kind of to the point now I can't hide it much longer .. looking a little pudgy

Already have told family (my side), but won't tell anyone else until 12 weeks. I started a new job and don't want my boss to find out yet lol

Telling people as they see my belly! We just had a wedding in the family, so many extended family members found out at 32 weeks. I am planning to make a Facebook announcement after the kid is born. I had a loss at 22 weeks in the past so I am still nervous even though things look good and wish I didn't have to tell anyone at all.

I'm curious as to why not on Facebook? Is it cos you have people on there not considered friends?? I only ask as we are debating the whole Facebook thing and my husband has said he doesn't want it on there! I want to weigh it up and really delve into why I'd want it on there then think about the merits of it being there.

All I can really see is because it's easier to tell the wider friend circle and also wider family circle. I wouldn't be one to ring and tell people! So if I don't put it on Facebook the only people finding out is my close friends, work colleagues and parents and grandparents.

Then I assume colleagues tell the whole building (haha), parents will start telling their friends and the older and extended family when it comes up in conversation..

I'm really toying with the idea of no announcement on social media!

I also have friends who don't post photos on social media. I can tell you now I love Instagram and I am a keen baby photographer. But even I have thought about my precious baby's face being out there...and a small part makes me feel uncomfortable...

My friend bans her friends and family from uploading photos of her son too! Whereas my other friend sees photos of her daughter uploaded by her mum on Facebook and that's the first time she's seen them lol. I find that quite strange!

Through all this I'll be the first to tell you I feel quite privileged to see baby photos, toddler etc etc when friends are out and About! And also their pregnancy announcements!!!

Oh man I just don't know! Lol

Hey! I send a Facebook message to close friends and family when I'm further along. I don't post it just because I'm not big into Facebook. I think it's strange I'm still in touch with hundreds of people I otherwise wouldn't bother to connect with (if Facebook wasn't invented). It's just a personal preference, I guess!

But I am in no way judging those who do announce! I think it's a fun way to let everyone know.

We told immediate family at 12 weeks and friends after the 20 weeks scan.

Only one friend and my SlimmingWorld consultant and the mw and doctors receptionist know so far, we are moving in a couple of weeks so we're planning to tel the kids after the move and after that everyone else will find out pretty quickly, will have to call all our parents to tell them as they are all overseas I was gonna wait till my dads birthday on July 2nd and tell my parents then,

I'm 4 weeks , so vey early for me to go around telling anyone, only my mum and husband know. Do it when you feel ready x

With DD and this pregnancy we told family early because I was in hospital with hyperemesis.
Facebook we didn't announce until 7 months with DD.
This one we announced after our 12 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->