when will you tell everyone ur BFP news?

D

darkNlovely

To be honest the only person that knows so far is my fiance' and u guys :winkwink:I don't think I will be telling anybody else family or friends until I am in the 2nd trimester. We both agree that is a good time to do so because we will feel more confident about the pregnancy.

So when will u guys break the news? why? or have you already done so?

I told a couple close friends a couple weeks later. I figured anyone we told we would discuss a miscarriage with too. I told close family after our first u/s at around 7 weeks or so because after hearing the heartbeat you are fairly safe. I also had to tell a few people at work because I work in healthcare. So pretty much everyone knows now!

This is my 3rd baby. With my 1st I waited until 12 weeks, with 2nd until 18 weeks(which was no easy task!). I told everybody this time at 7.5 weeks.I was planning on 14 weeks, but I had started bleeding and found out I have a subchorionic bleed which should heal, but I didnt feel right hiding it, when I was actually faced with a complication! BUT, I only told my parents and siblings!! I will not tell anybody else until probably 18 weeks or later when I find out the gender. Unless its obvious and someone asks me and Im at least 14 weeks then I will admit it, but I am pretty good at covering myself up in that area when I need to!

ive told 3 very close friends and a few not so close friends but i know they would be there for me if something happend. no family knows yet though i will be telling them right after our 9 week ultrasound if everything goes well.its so hard keeping it from family because i know my side will b so excited probly except my dad

i have told my mum and sister and two close friends. I also told a couple of people at work as i work in a hospital but everyone knows at work now as someone told everyone. I won't be telling anyone else until i am about sixteen weeks and feel like i'm safe. X x x

well we've told our closest friends, my parents and of course bnb! I really want to tell my auntie and cousin, face to face and we're not seeing them for a few weeks, so i'll wait till then.
for everyone else, after our 12 week scan i think :D we haven't told my gramps yet, which is hard as he lives with my parents, but he did worry so much last time, and he's my last grandparent left, still going to leave him till 12 weeks, least this pregnancy will seem shorter than the last one for him! we told him about 5 weeks! xx

I told my mum, in laws and a couple of my closest friends when I found out because I figured that they would be the people I wanted around me if anything went wrong.
Today is 'announcement' day for us- I'm going to be one of those annoying people with a baby related Facebook status lol.

Just my boyfriend and I know. Oh and you lot. Oh and the women from the freefly place (the day I found out so my DB could check I can still go ahead with it lol).

I've had previous MCs last year, so it'll be just as I'm leaving this trimester that I go public. If I don't crack before!

So far we have told my sister and parents, going to tell OH parents soon and then wait to tell everyone else to 12 weeks, just worried about telling too many people - feels like we would be tempting fate!!!

We told a few close friends and family when we first found out and then had the first scan on Friday, spent Saturday telling other friends that we didn't want to find out from facebook/word of mouth and then last night we went "public".
Did an announcment on facebook, that way we were sure anyone we missed knew....

I have been wanting to tell the whole world since I found out so the fact I managed to keep quiet until this weekend is amazing.

Really want to send an e-mail round to all users at work, just because I want everyone to know!

Ive told my 2 best friends and mine & OH parents but every one else after my scan in 2 weeks time

xx

I keep telling people; can't seem to help myself! Told both sets of parents, my brother-in-law, my uncle, 2 friends and we've each told one work friend so we have someone to talk to everyday! I know some people say it's tempting fate (and I really hope I'm not) but I just want to shout it from the rooftops!!

We told my parents and siblings and OH's parents at about 6wks. Have told my boss last week as I work in a small office - total of 11 staff and one other staff member is pregnant and due in June so I thought my boss needed to know to organise the office. Have told a couple of close friends but otherwise haven't told anyone. Someone at work asked me if I was pregnant last week and I told her that I was still waiting. Waiting till I have seen the ob (which is next week) before I consider telling everyone.

Told my hubby the day we got our BFP, my two best friends the day after, and our parents a week later at Christmas. Everybody else has to wait until Valentines day, which is after our first scan :)

I have told two of my friends. One that is currently pregnant and another that just had a baby. Both live out of town. I told my husband he could tell one local friend at 6 weeks. We don't plan to tell most people until 12-14 weeks.

I wasn't planning on telling anyone until 12 weeks, but people keep guessing! I guess I'm not very good at hiding it :)

I wasn't planning on telling anyone until 12 weeks, but people keep guessing! I guess I'm not very good at hiding it :)

One of my friends called me out on not drinking last weekend. I think I am just going to have to stay in until we are ready to tell them.

i am waiting for the first ultrasound to tell everyone else i told my mom my grandma and my future sister in law

My boyfriend and I agreed to wait until after I see a doctor to make sure all is well. We thought this would happen around the 8 week mark, but now due to insurance being delayed it might not be for another month or so.

Everyone found out with this one around 5 weeks; with my first I told everyone as soon as the test was positive (at 8 DPO)! I don't believe in such a thing as jinxing myself -- if the worst happens, it happens, no matter who I have or haven't told. And I'm bad at keeping secrets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->