When would it get too much for you and you'd see the Dr? (sickness)

dizzyjoo

Reaction score
Hi all

My poor little baby is probably getting zero nutrition from me at the moment :nope:

Every mouthful of ANYTHING I eat just makes me feel so so sick. I am being sick, once or twice a day, but mostly through the whole day just feel nauseous. I can barely look at any food without wanting to be sick and eating is just the worst thing in the world. I have ZERO appetite. There is NOTHING I want to eat!

When would it get so bad you'd see the Dr? Would the Dr do anything for just nausea? Or do you have to be sick regularly for them to do anything?

I am so so worried my baby isn't getting anything from me. I feel drained and I feel shocking from feeling sick everyday.

Last night I was SO looking forward to my tea, when it turned up, all I could manage was a few mouthfuls of mashed pots! I am literally going without dinner most nights!

Help! Joo xxx

I'd be more concerned for yourself than for the baby. The baby steals all its nutrients from your body; it'll take them from your storage, which I'm sure you had plenty of when you got pregnant. If it's that bad, though, definitely go to the doctor. They will put you on anti-nausea medication, but hopefully you'll be over that soon anyway!

i couldnt eat for 3 days and went to doctor and they gave me anti sickness tablets, i literally cudnt be at work i felt so awful and couldnt keep anything down and enough was enough. i'd go to doctors. :thumbup:
also had a lot of ketones in my urine from being sick so much and not enough calories

I'm the same. feeling extremely sorry for myself, all I managed yesterday was a slice and a half of toast. I went to doc on tues who gave me anti sickness tablets, signed me off work and told me to drink lots of fluids, especially lucozade - I managed to keep down my toast n lucozade last night. but definitely go to doc asap and they will go through all solutions and find one that works for u!

Thanks both - are you actually being sick or just feel it? I just don't want to look like a time waster for going because I "feel" sick! x

i have severe nausea but actually haven't been sick very much. when i asked my doctor if i could take anything for it she said unless i'm actually throwing up loads, not keeping anything down then there's nothing she could do for me.
i feel so ill all day long that i can't go to work. have been off for nearly 2 weeks now and don't think i'll be able to go back anytime soon, unless the ms goes quickly. i had this with my 1st pregnancy and it passed at about 12 - 13 weeks.

baby will be fine, baby will take from your stores and wont affect baby. your more the concern.

I havent ever had medication, my MWs have always been unhelpful so not bothered.

But im first pregnancy i weighed 3 stone less at full term than i did before my pregnancy! so a massive loss and my son was still 9lbs! i was sick for 19 weeks though.

Ladies, my sisters is in her first trimester at the moment and she was suffering from severe sickness, so much so that she couldn't even keep water down. I'd advise you go to the doctors as they will likely prescribe you with anti-sickness tablets. Unfortunately my sister couldn't even keep these down and was admitted to hospital overnight to be put on a drip as she was severely dehydrated as a result of all the sickness and lack of fluids. Now she's right as rain. She has also been using travel sickness bands that you wear on your wrists - they sit on your pressure points and seem to be working for her nausea.
xx

I was actually being sick, literally everything I tried to eat came bk up, and fluids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->