When you get your BFP...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by louise2710, Jan 31, 2011.

1. louise2710

louise2710 Mummy to Oscar

... How will you tell your parter?

Just a bit of fun really!

2. lilly100

lilly100 Well-Known Member

I think i will do the test when my husband is there - well not do the test when he is there lol, but look at the result together.

3. Gemmamumof2

Gemmamumof2 mummy of 2 ttc 3rd x

yea me too mine would kill me if i took a pregnancy test without him...
    he'll prob be sitting there watching me pee LOL

4. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

the first one i took by myself, can called him at work. think he was in shock.

the second one i had a little suspician that i was and had an out of date test which was positive and i told him, we bought a proper one th next day and did it together.

not sure what ill do next time ...

my friend put her test in the oven on a dish (not on obviously) and asked her husband to go check on the dinner! lol! always though that was cool.

5. x0xbaybeeemz

x0xbaybeeemz LTTTC #1

If i got a BFP near christmas time id wrap the posative test up so he opens it and sees im pregnant or if it was his birthday cause would be a great surprise :) but maybe have a good day out just me and him then at end of day tell him :) but really dont know untill it happens, IF it ever happens!

6. Babylady

Babylady Well-Known Member

DH knows I'm a complete POAS-a-holic and think he'd kill me if he knew how much money I actually spend on HPTs! :haha: I just plan on saying "guess what - you're going to be a daddy" and showing him the test with its 2 glorious :bfp: lines on it!!!!

7. Babylady

Babylady Well-Known Member

That's a good one - might wrap the test up anyway and just say "bought you a little present!" :thumbup:

8. louise2710

louise2710 Mummy to Oscar

is this silly?

Habve you seen the ticker with the various fruit and veg on it and size that baby is, well i was thinking of giving him whatever it is, prob a poppy seed or something tiny, and saying "this is how big our baby is" but i dont know if i could hold out long enough to do that, or how easy it would be to get a poppy seed. lol

9. longing

longing LTTTC

I'm not sure how I would tell him, probably in an excited jumping way!!

But my friend told her OH (they agreed to start trying, it happened straight away which she wasn't expecting or ready for!) by waking him up by hitting him over the head with the test and saying 'look what you have done to me!' Charming!!

10. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

well if im lucky enough to fall pregnant this cycle i will be testing on OH's birthday (or might do it the day before which will be the 9th anniversary of when we got together) and i'll do a digi and put it in a box and wrap it up i think. i dont think it'll happen though, thats too much like a lovely idea for it to come true!

11. Tarkwa

Tarkwa Mummy to two boys :) xxx

I love this idea! I was just playing with that ticker last night - wishing and hoping I will be putting it on my signature one day soon [-o&lt;.
    I always do a HPT when DH is home, just in case I ever get a BFP then we can have a massive hug and celebrate together. All the tests I've done so far have been BFN and he can normally tell when I come out of the loo all upset. :sad2: The last one I did was my first clomid cycle so I pee'd and then covered up the stick and only looked when we were together. I kinda knew I wasn't PG so wasn't expecting it, but it would have been nice. I'm more hopeful with this next cycle so I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it, and just go with the flow. Can't wait! :happydance:
    xxx

12. mindbodysoul

mindbodysoul Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about this! I'd buy something that said best daddy on it!

13. mindbodysoul

mindbodysoul Well-Known Member

I also want to surprise my facebook friends so I dobt think I'll announce it till after we know the sex :)

14. ladygagafan

ladygagafan TTC #1

Im going to get him one of the " So your going to be a father" books and wrap it up or leave the test and a dummy or a bib by the kettle "first place he goes when comes in from work) x

15. Tina Bee

Tina Bee Guest

I'll probably get a digital and tell him, "read it" and he'll see the word PREGNANT on the screen. hehehe.

16. Rozz1e1

Rozz1e1 Pregnant :D

hee hee if my DH was at work i would text him a picture of the test saying hello daddy and wait for him to ring me back lol! If he was with me i would just say hello daddy and watch the smile go across his face :)

17. bonidee

bonidee Well-Known Member

Well we've had two false positives with blue dye tests last year and a MC 3 days after we got married last year, so I'm not sure how my husband would react to a line test. I would probably take my el cheapos and if I get a line, go to the store while he's at work and get a clearblue and tell him I want to take it while he's there. That way we can see together.

18. GettingBroody

GettingBroody 😊 Mum 😊

Love this idea too, it's just so cute! (although it makes me picture a teeny tiny baby that's fully formed but the size of a poppy seed, lol!:haha:)

19. readyformore

readyformore Well-Known Member

I plan on leaving the positive test on the toilet seat.

I go to work before him so he'll see it first thing when he gets up.

If he's already at work, I'm going to take a picture of it and send it to him on his phone.

With the first, he was there.
    With the second, I called him on the phone to tell him (he was at work and I couldn't wait to tell him).
    With the third, I told him he was going to need to change the kitty litter.

20. lucy_lu10

lucy_lu10 Mum to 2 boys

If I get my BFP this month, I think that I'll go and buy my son (12 months old) a shirt that says "Future big brother" or "Big brother in training" on it and see how long it takes DH to notice. :D