When you prod your baby through your bump...

alasia

Reaction score
(haha you know what I mean!) - does he/she move?

The reason I'm asking, is that my bump is all baby so I can feel his limbs etc right under the skin, all bony and stuff *shudder*.

Anyway - I haven't felt him move yet today but I've been out with the children shopping, at the park, then came back and did some housework before having a (freezing! as my boiler is broken!) bath.

I'm now sitting down (it's 1pm here in the UK by the way) and can feel a limb sticking out of my side, but when I prod it and wiggle it, he's not moving. This has happened a few times over the past week, I've also got tender spots around where he is so that when I press there it's a bit sore.

Is he just in a deep sleep, or should a baby always move when wiggled about and prodded?

You'd think I'd know this being my third, but *shrugs*

mine hasnt always moved when i poke about - if i tickle my tummy he normally does though.. im sure its nothing to worry about but if ur really concerned get it checked out :) x

my LO doesnt always move to be honest but she does most of the time, sometimes i tap my belly and talk loudly to her (i bet shes gonna hate me for disturbing her) and then she wakes up but sometimes sh been really still.

Didn't wanna read and run Hun but when I prod my baby if it's sticking a limb out it doesn't always wiggle loads it will just pull it back in.. :/

Lie down and have a cold drink see if u can feel it, if not call ur labour ward.. That's what they are there for xxx

It's probs just because uve been busy u ant noticed it xx :flower:

Drink something sugary and lay down and see if it helps him move! My baby always moves when I prod him, but of course every baby is different. :)

Yeah, I mean I'm not overly concerned...was just thinking I'd see if other people have babies that seem to be able to sleep through being prodded :) and then maybe see how things go later on this evening.

I know he was back to back but there's a big hard lump on my front now, instead of 4 bumps so maybe he's turned round, meaning I can't feel his movements as much.

i dont think my baby likes when i poke it lol anytime i do it stops moving! so i usually just let it do its thing

If I poke my baby she doesn't move back - she never has. I feel her move about 6 times a day though. But that's normal movement for me - she is lazy! I know people go by the 10 movements a day rule but I think its a load of old tosh - my baby has only moved about 5-6 times in a 24 hour period for the past 4 weeks and there is nothing wrong with her at all. She's just lazy.

ive prodded my baby loads! nothing makes him move! i mean NOTHING! maybe he is still a bit young.... i cant feel any baby either. just a round hard lump of a tummy lol

If I poke my baby she doesn't move back - she never has. I feel her move about 6 times a day though. But that's normal movement for me - she is lazy! I know people go by the 10 movements a day rule but I think its a load of old tosh - my baby has only moved about 5-6 times in a 24 hour period for the past 4 weeks and there is nothing wrong with her at all. She's just lazy.

careful who you call lazy lol. my mum said she felt me and my brother loads when she was having us. my sister hardly moved at all from 5 months. and i know for a fact i am complete sport a phobic. give me my bed any day! my brother is better, he doesnt mind walking places and used to like judo when he was younger. but its my sister who is the active one - into lots of sporty things and always has been :)

My baby does tend to move when i poke, but not always. And sometimes it's only a really tiny movement. If you're concerned give your midwife a call. I phoned mine on monday as I was a bit worried about not feeling bubs move and they told me to come in and get monitored. Everything was fine but it was good to get the reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->