When your toddler sleep trains you

MommyJogger

Reaction score
My son put me through a sleep training regimen of his own invention. One that conditions me to never close my eyes at night. Still cutting molars. The other half of the bottom right came through last night, so hopefully this was the end for a while.
DS wakes silently, slowly moves up to my face, gets as close as possible, and yells "boo" (well "boooyouowoo") to wake me up. Every hour. DH just thought it was hilarious. It scared the shit out of me every time. It doesn't help that he's covered in gentian violet and looks like a demon zombie hovering at my face. By about 3am I was scared to fall asleep again and kept waking from imaginary bed movement.
Sometimes I miss the days when I didn't believe he'd ever learn to roll over. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Awe- hope this passes soon hun! :hugs: This is certainly something you can hold over him when he's older ;) Ah, parenthood!

Aw, bless him. The beauty of co-sleeping :rofl:

He still wakes me up randomly at night, & he asks me to take home to his mum, it's creepy as I still co-sleep & I'm always with him in bed :wacko:

Aw, bless him. The beauty of co-sleeping :rofl:

He still wakes me up randomly at night, & he asks me to take home to his mum, it's creepy as I still co-sleep & I'm always with him in bed :wacko:

Omg, that really is creepy. DS has gotten into the habit of pointing into the darkness-- a room with the light off, the sunroom at night, the woods in the evening. I have to get over my fear of the dark quickly before it rubs off on him. It makes my neck hairs stand on end when he does it. :nope:

I'd rather the "boo" then the constant violence in her sleep! We don't cosleep unless she is unwell because she likes to kick me, punch me and pulls my hair in her sleep! Oh, if I do manage to get her off of me, she wakes up and plops her head on my neck...hmmm yea lol

Aw Hun :hugs:

I'm used to all the randomness at night, sometimes I find him sitting while sleeping, he sleep talks, he fights over the duvet & pillows. But I love co-sleeping xx

My son put me through a sleep training regimen of his own invention. One that conditions me to never close my eyes at night. Still cutting molars. The other half of the bottom right came through last night, so hopefully this was the end for a while.
DS wakes silently, slowly moves up to my face, gets as close as possible, and yells "boo" (well "boooyouowoo") to wake me up. Every hour. DH just thought it was hilarious. It scared the shit out of me every time. It doesn't help that he's covered in gentian violet and looks like a demon zombie hovering at my face. By about 3am I was scared to fall asleep again and kept waking from imaginary bed movement.
Sometimes I miss the days when I didn't believe he'd ever learn to roll over. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

That totally cracked me up, I would freak out to wake to that image too! LOL!

Ha yeah my toddler totally trained me right out of sleeping, I just lie there and wait for him to wake up again Lol.

Do secretly love cosleeping too, glad he doesn't yell boo at me tho - freaky! He loves lying on my chest, on his front, with his crotch in my face, lovely with a nappy full of wee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->