When?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Hello, all! I also posted in the TTCAL thread but have yet to receive a response so I thought I would try here.

We found out we were expecting in May and in early June received the devastating news that our baby had no heartbeat. I went the natural route this time after two previous D&Cs. I didn't start bleeding until around June 28th and didn't lose the baby until July 12th, then I had about a week more bleeding before it finally stopped.

We've decided to start TTC again but I wanted to have at least one period for dates however I'm not sure when to expect it. I know my midwife told me typically within 4-8 weeks of your miscarriage but I'm not sure if this starts by the day I started bleeding or not until the day I passed everything (June 12th)? Does anyone know what I should go by?

With my previous D&Cs I had a period 6 weeks after the first one and 4 weeks after the second but I know natural miscarriages take much longer. My pregnancy tests are negative so I know my hcg hormones are gone. Not to sound harsh in any way but this waiting is torture, not to mention the bleeding for 23 days that I had, and I'm very impatient to start actively trying again.

I had a D&C after mine and experienced a similar cycle change like you did afterwards. I've never had a natural miscarriage, so I can't offer any advice for that. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope things get back to normal soon.

Hi Lilmiss, sorry for your loss :hugs:

I can't talk from experience because I had medical management (pessaries to bring on MC) so I passed everything the day after my bleeding started.

However, I'm pretty sure your AF will be 4-6 weeks after you passed everything rather than from when your bleeding started. Until that point, you would still have a lot of pregnancy tissue still attached and this would cause your HCG level to stay fairly constant. HCG won't start dropping until you passed the sac and it needs to get to zero (or thereabouts) before your body starts to mature/release a new egg.

I had a really short LP for my first cycle post MC. I MC on 26th June (11+4, baby died at 8+5), O'd again on 16th July and AF came 21st July. I'm now CD16 of a new cycle and O'd yesterday so hoping for a longer LP this time!

Good luck to you, hope we both get our rainbow babies soon :thumbup:

I'm sorry for both of your losses as well. Everythingxd thank you for explaining that to me. My periods are pretty regular so going by that, since I passed everything July 12th, I probably would have o'd some time last week. The OPK I took today was stark white negative probably in preparation for my period to come on. Again, thank you and I hope we both get rainbows soon too :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->