When's a good time to start trying???

lucy1

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Sadly I am a bridesmaid on 14th June 2014 and have my dress so we are currently on a hiatus after two miscarriages (first pregnancy unplanned and after that miscarriage we decided we wanted a bambino so started trying for #1).

We want to start as soon as possible but I also have a dress to fit into! I don't know when would be a 'safe month' to start again. February or could I be pushing it?? March I imagine would definitely be safe.

I would say Feb/March, will be still able to fit into your dress. But then its only a dress is it an expensive one? maybe find a maternity one if needed..

Sorry for your losses :hugs: x

It's a pretty forgiving dress providing i dont bloat out at the ribcage. It's empire line so flowy from the bust.

We have the dress already and its a size 12, so we had discussed me training down to a 10 to give us extra squeeze!

February sounds perfect though :winkwink:

Sorry, I don't have any advice since I haven't had a baby, but It's nice to hear someone else trying to decide the best time b/c of other things going on. I'm in a wedding Oct 19th (just a couple of weeks) and was itching to start trying at the beginning of Oct. AF is due around the time of the wedding and since it's my best friend who's getting married I decided I wanted to be on my A game to support her on her big day. If we were lucky and we conceived on the first try I'm afraid I'd have baby brain instead of her big day. And if we didn't conceive I'm afraid I'd be disappointed instead of happy and excited for her. Plus we'll be driving 6 hours there and back. Being nauseous in a car for that long does not sound like any fun. So we're using the trip as our last hoo-rah before trying to start our little family. :happydance:

We are NTNP,and I am maid of honor at my bff's wedding on April 26,2013.I've decided to just keep going,since I'm not guaranteed to get pregnant before then,and if I am lucky enough to get pregnant before then,I will work around it.Only thing I won't be able to do,is drink,and that's not a big deal at all.

I had two pregnant bridesmaids (out of 6!) and the one who was halfway along (21 weeks) wore an empire line dress, and the other was only 6 weeks along so wore her normal dress. The one who was 21 weeks did have a bit of a scare right on the day that we weren't going to be able to get her into her dress, but it was a lace-up back, so we made do. Is it possible to alter the dress to have a lace-up back if it doesn't already? That way you have even more breathing room (literally and figuratively!).

I have a similar problem....getting married in May but wanted to start TTC in March!!

Sod the dress there are ways around these things. Get cracking!! It might take u till Feb to fall pregnant anyway. How peed will u feel if u hold off and then another bridesmaid goes btw guys I'm pregnant and then they deal with it well ud be thinking that cud be me.

I think there's nothing a good seamstress can't deal with and like one person said put in a lace up back.

Good luck xx

I think you should still be good to start in feb, since it isn't a sure shot you'll fall pregnant right away and if you do that leaves plenty of time to alter a dress if needed:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->