When's the earliest time you can hear baby's heartbeat on a Doppler?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
As title says really :)

And have any of you used the iPhone Doppler app? Is it any good if so

Unlikely to hear under 10weeks pregnant. Even at 10weeks depending on which way the uterus is tilted and body weight it might be much much later.

By memory I found my last baby at just over 10weeks but it took me 20mins to find it. The pregnancy before I was 15.5weeks.

I use a Sonoline B Doppler and heard my son's heartbeat at 8w4d and this baby at 9w1d. But many women can't find it until 12+ weeks, so definitely don't freak out if you can't find it early.

Heard mine at 9+1...but it took forever to find.
If you can't find it early on don't stress it can be tricky when they're still so tiny

My midwife said they can try at 9 weeks but anything before that no

Definitely possible between 9-10 weeks but most likely to be easy to find after 12.

The phone app is not a doppler it is just amplified microphone and I believe it's a 28 week plus thing.

My doctor couldn't even find it at 12 weeks so don't freak out if you don't find it before then.

I was 10wks 1 day when I found this ones. Im a bigger girl (uk sie 16) but baby is still low down in the pelvic area so not much fat is in the way. Iv found good heartbeat 3 times since then between 170-175bpm.

With my first I found it at 8weeks and a few days my second was 9weeks and a few days. I can't wait to be able to find it with this one.

Also I was using sonoline b Doppler

I have a Sonoline B and with my last son I found it at 8 weeks first time. This pregnancy I tried again at 8 weeks and found it right away, but this baby is stubborn and hides so sometimes I can't find it and have to try again later in the day.

I didn't try and earlier than 10 weeks to the day. At 10 weeks I found it.

Heard my baby's heartbeat at 8+4 after just a few seconds of searching. But I can only find it at night. Have tried during the day but nothing. At night - instantly!

What Dopplers have you all got? I'm wanting to go out and buy one

I found my babies heartbeat yesterday at 10wk 3days, but it took me nearly 15 minutes! Little one was hiding well :) I have the Sonoline B fetal doppler

Does anyone have the angel sound doppler? How early can it pick things up? I wasn't even going to try before 12 weeks. Partly because my cousin told me it can possibly harm baby using them too often? Probably not true but of course now Im paranoid!

I don't recommend trying before 10 weeks as It's very stressful. I tried from 8 weeks with my daughter and this baby and couldn't find it till almost ten weeks.

i found this babies at 7 weeks and heard again today at 8 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"