• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Where are we going wrong cd

Zfbaby

Reaction score
We've been using cd for the past few days only during the days so far as we have a small stash (15) and also I still don't feel like we know what we are doing :haha:

My stash is made up of bumgenius btp, totsbots easy fit and rumparooz.

My son is 3 weeks and at last weigh in was close to 10lbs.

I'm finding that my cd are leaking and it's coming through to his clothes. It mainly seems to be around the legs but sometimes it seems to be around the front waist part. I've got the nappies set up on the medium snaps as the smallest setting left marks around his legs. The inserts are soaked when I take them out but they only seem to last an hour before its coming through to his clothes. They were all pre-washed as instructed. I presume it's a fit issue but I'm not sure. Am I stuffing the pockets incorrectly, fitting the legs wrong or does my son just need the thicker inserts rather than the newborn ones? They already seem so bulky on him.
Sorry if these seem like really simple qs. I really want the cd to work.

Try one thing at a time to see which helps. DS has needed full insergs with a booster from the start really so try the larger inserts and see but it may be the legs. My DS is about 10lbs and he definately needs the smallest snaps and leg setting and if that is where most leaks are...
They will always leave a slight mark, obviously you are right to make sure it is not too tight, you should be able to put a couple of fingers in but you should not be able to see a gap around the legs. But try one thing at a time so you know which thing is the problem. The btp nappies always look bulky on little babes but they are comfy enough. Also, if they are preloved then they may need stripping and if new, did you pre-wash them? Good luck! You will get there, it is worth it!

The BG newborn inserts aren't really suitable for anything other than a newborn baby in the first few days of life. That sounds like your problem, I honestly wouldn't expect a newborn insert on its own to last longer than an hour, probably less, for a baby who is more than a week or two old. The same would probably apply to the smaller Rumparooz inserts although they might last a bit longer. I would try with just the larger insert (both types of nappy) but you may need to use both inserts in the nappies, snapped down to the smallest size.

I think it is probably too early to be on the middle rise setting in the BGs and Easyfits, although it does vary from baby to baby. Sometimes nappies can leave marks that aren't a problem - like the sock marks you sometimes get around your ankles, they aren't painful. If the marks don't look sore, aren't bothering LO and go away fairly quickly if you take the nappy off, I would say they're ok. Maybe show us a pic of how the nappy fits and we can see if there are any tricks we can share? Cloth can often fit very differently to disposables so it may just be that you're not used to putting them on yet.

Oh and don't worry about the bulk, it's actually much better for LO's hips to be in a bulky nappy. Disposables aren't good in that regard so don't base your ideas on them :)

Thanks, I'll see what happens with this next nappy. I've put the bigger insert in the bg and put it on the lowest setting. I'll try and take a picture if ds doesn't wriggle too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"