where are your cramps at during pregnancy?

Catiren

Young mom of 2 and Prego!
Reaction score
sometimes mine is in the middle but its mostly on the left. im normally used to painful cramps between periods but i didnt have cramping at all but twice from the time of ovulation to af being due and it didnt feel like cramping, more like nuzzling and it didnt feel like it was in my ovaries when it happened. it first felt low, then two hours later much higher . every time it lasted for mere 2 or 3 seconds. i just knew it was when the baby implanted.

since 4 weeks ive had cramping just about every day but only once or twice on the middle and left. its mostly when im sitting relaxed and not when im working or moving around. every now and then it's on the right but its not common. sometimes, like this morning, it was on both sides and felt all the way around. my midwife said i will experience more menstrual-like cramps up until the time of my next appointment as this will be my uterus growing.

my midwife said as long as its not painful or accompanied with bleeding, it should be fine. ive had some spotting only twice but it was tan and i knew what caused it. it was not with cramping. the cramps are not painful but more uncomfortable really. im so thankful for that.

We met earlier!!

Im having the same cramps, and ive been told the same thing. I had one or two twinges (almost felt like ovulation) on the left side, but mostly period feeling cramps just not as severe. I also have had loads of cm, but no blood or anything. :)

We met earlier!!

Im having the same cramps, and ive been told the same thing. I had one or two twinges (almost felt like ovulation) on the left side, but mostly period feeling cramps just not as severe. I also have had loads of cm, but no blood or anything. :)
hello again! same here, especially with the cm. goodness i didnt know i could have that much. gross! but it indicates a normal progressing pregnancy so woohoo!

My early cramping was very mild, more like twinges, and mostly on the left. I was worried about ectopic but told the pain would be worse. Then they stopped for a while. Now I get a few more moderately painful ones on the left but higher up...it might be gas honestly...

I've not felt any cramping yet. I had one bout at 5 weeks but it was gas-i know this for a fact. But I don't feel much in that area as I didn't feel either of my ectopics and have been told by multiple people that they are excruciatingly painful. Hopefully this trend will keep up when labor starts :)

mine is mostly on the right side right around my uterus.. so my dr said because it is so localized it is probably stretching pains and not actually 'cramps'. the other times i get AF feeling it is in the middle. i've accepted the fact that cramping (with no pain or bleeding, of course) is totally normal.. and actually a good sign that our bodies are changing the way they should!

babycleo.. i'm also in alberta!! and preggo with #1. so fun!!

mine is mostly on the right side right around my uterus.. so my dr said because it is so localized it is probably stretching pains and not actually 'cramps'. the other times i get AF feeling it is in the middle. i've accepted the fact that cramping (with no pain or bleeding, of course) is totally normal.. and actually a good sign that our bodies are changing the way they should!

babycleo.. i'm also in alberta!! and preggo with #1. so fun!!
doctor told me same thing today. im a worrywart sometimes. but everything's all good here!

i have recently had what I guess is stretching pains. But it's not really painful. I get twinges lower down and pain by my back when I am constipated- not a fun pain but I have learned to realize when it is that and remind myself nothing is wrong. Got to love the combination of the prenatals and zofran. Ugh ha!

this has made me feel better!!

wannabe- where in Edmonton if you don't mind me asking?

im still having dull aches/twinges on my left side, af feeling in the middle (just not as bad) im glad you are all having left side pains cause its been worrying m so this must all be normal :) :)

this has made me feel better!!

wannabe- where in Edmonton if you don't mind me asking?

im still having dull aches/twinges on my left side, af feeling in the middle (just not as bad) im glad you are all having left side pains cause its been worrying m so this must all be normal :) :)
doctor told me my pains are completely normal and i shouldnt worry about a thing. the only time things are bad is when there's spotting along with the cramping or if the cramping is excruciating/painful and wont go away or gets worse.

When I was pregnant with DD between weeks 4-6 I had a few cramps which felt really sharp at times.

This time round I am 6+3 ATM I've had a few niggly cramps again on my left side but nothing like last time.

I wish our drs would be like "okay listen, you are gonna get some real weird pains and stuff! heres what you will have that's normal!" hahaha

I wish our drs would be like "okay listen, you are gonna get some real weird pains and stuff! heres what you will have that's normal!" hahaha

i hate my most recent doctor visit. he pissed me off soooo much. i asked him for a pregnancy do and dont list and he told me i could do anything i want especially if i was doing it before i got pregnant. he didnt say anything specific like(when my midwife told me) no cigarette smoking or secondhand/third hand smoke, no drugs, no painting, avoid certain bug spray chemicals, no falling off a mountain. i mean i was serious when i asked and he plain out said the most unprofessional answer ive ever heard of. plus he rushed me out of his office everytime i brought up a concern i was already thinking about. im glad hes not my regular doctor at the obgyn. oh my g... id lose all the nice words my mouth can speak.

In a drs defense, every pregnancy is different and they cannot really prepare you for what will happen. They don't know if you'll have spotting or not. They don't know if you'll have cramping or not. Backaches? Sore nipples? Morning sickness? They don't know. My Dr specifically asked me if I was having cramps like she was expecting me to say yes. But nope. Not one. I wasn't even concerned about the sever ms, my dh had to tell her how bad it was because I thought it was normal (which I'm glad he did since I feel sooo much better when I can eat and drink and keep the majority of it down).

I'm not trying to be mean or nasty, its just hard for a Dr to tell you what to expect when symptoms differ so much from pregnancy to pregnancy.

As far as a Dr rushing you out when you have concerns though...that's not OK. I don't care if they get the same question from every pregnant woman they see, its their line of work and their job to answer any questions and address any concerns. I'm glad he's not your normal Dr as I would have words for him as well.

I've been having lower cramping, sometimes more on the left than the right. Above the pubic bone? Feels like pulling or tugging, and then sometimes it feels like squeezing. Not really painful but I'm aware of it.

What I'm finding weird is that I'm feeling it mostly in the evening. I'll get home from work and finally sit down, and suddenly I'm all crampy. Maybe I'm moving too much in the day to feel it?

As far as a Dr rushing you out when you have concerns though...that's not OK. I don't care if they get the same question from every pregnant woman they see, its their line of work and their job to answer any questions and address any concerns. I'm glad he's not your normal Dr as I would have words for him as well.
i wouldnt have asked him for one if i had gotten one with my first appointment.

plus the midwife's welcoming basket i got it only gave me a paper on dos and donts for when i get sick and what sickness i get and the medicines safe and effective to take for that sickness. not a paper on other things like food. those things she explained to me but it was only about fish intake.

why does everything seem to become ridiculously dangerous when im pregnant hahaha i just wanna take precautions every single time even if it takes alot of time out of my day to find out. maybe its overdoing it but im ok with that because it stresses me out when i dont know for sure at all.

I got a list of no-no foods from my Dr and it basically said no greasy fish high in mercury (shark, mackral, swordfish, etc), no soft unpasteurized cheeses, no deli meat and no caffeine. Of course drugs and alcohol were on there too. She did also say I should eat a lot of foods high in folic acid (broccoli, kale-gross, sunflower seeds, asparagus) although I haven't been really doing a good job of it, I take an extra dose of folic acid everyday to compensate :)

Mod19, my comment was more just a joke than anything. I understand every pregnancy is different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->