Where did they get this information from??? Just ranting/venting!

KandaceTTC

Reaction score
Ok, ladies...I read that the dollar general tests detect 25 mIU/ml. With it being so cheap and detecting such a small amount, I figured it would work. Three negative pregnancy tests later and still feeling pregnant...I ooked on the paperwork included and it said I could test as early as my missed period. That kind of confused me as I read that the early detecting ones detect the same amount. So then I start looking the box over...I mean 100 times. I re read every inch of the instructions included and could find not one place where it mentions the amount of hcg it detects. So I then turn to the internet and do some digging around to see what I could find. I found a ton of forums with people quoting the amount dollar store tests can detect and every single one referred to the same website. It is the only one that I can find that lists the hcg levels each test detects. However, this got me thinking...if it is not mentioned on the box or instructions or even anywhere online...where did the person on this website not affiliated with dollar general get the information? So I then look the box and instructions over again for contact information and could only find the number next to the satisfaction guarantee thing. I call the number and I am asked for the serial code on my box and then i am told that he can give me a number for the people I need to talk to. So, I call the new number and, with it being so late, I get an automated thing. It says for frequently asked questions press this number. Then for our pregnancy tests press this number. Then I am given two options...for our digital test press 1 and for our baby early detection test with the blue lines press 2 and to repeat these options press *. The test I have is neither of these two. Why is my test not mentioned? I am so confused why I can't find any real information on this besides from one site that isn't even associated with the dollar general company or the test. So, I went and purchased a first response test with 2 testers. One for tomorrow morning fmu and only 2 days before af is due and the second for if I miss my period...if not, then I have a reliable test for next month! Any one have a false negative with a dollar general test out there to give me hope? :/

The problem most people dont realise that just because a test is made to test before af is due, doesnt mean you will get the results. Ive read many times from people frystrated because the frer didnt detect anything early like it said it would. The reason is because ALL women are different and their hcg levels rise very differently. The tests that detect early are on the average hcg level of women before their af. So i never believe in false negatives because it just means that persons hcg wasnt high enough for the test to detect. That is why most people wait until af is a week late. Its not super comon for the hcg to be high enough before af. Some rise faster than others. So you are never out until the witch shows up.

every body is different. literally. our bodies are different. and the baby only produces hcg once implantation begins and it takes days for it to be picked up at all on home pregnancy tests if possible. the main problem is sometimes women dont use the first urine of the day and end up not having enough hcg concentrated in the urine for it to make the dye stick to the test. another issue is women end up diluting their urine by drinking too much or urinating too often and the hcg doesnt get a chance to concentrate enough to get picked up by a home pregnancy test. the cheapies(both storebought and internet), frer, and clearblue digitals that i bought all told me the m/liu of hcg that its able to detect. ofcourse, i did not use the clearblue until about 2 days before my period was due because i was afraid of getting a negative due to my hcg not having enough risen to be read.

i will say though, i did not use first morning urine i used third urine of the day (4 pm) and i started testing early (8 dpo) and at 8 dpo at 4pm i got my bfp on those cheap tests i got off the internet and then frer gave me a positive also right afterward. the cheapies had fatter lines so i preferred them way more than the frer, although both did their job. and my pregnancy was actually a surprise! i continued getting positives the rest of the day. my baby must have implanted quite early, at 6 dpo at the most, because my hcg was getting picked up without a problem but as i said our bodies are all different so some things just wont work out the same for some of us.

If you look at the box your frers came in it will tell you what percentage of women on what days till af, was due that they got a positive. Even though it says you can get a positive at 5 days before af, I think its like only 60 something percent actually got a positive. Unless you test a bfp, don't feel out until after af is due!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->