Where do you feel hiccups?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by polaris, Sep 1, 2009.

1. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Just what the title says really - what part of your belly do you normally feel the baby's hiccups?

I have only started to feel them (I think) over the past week and I generally feel them very low down. Baby was breech at my last appointment two weeks ago, I'm really hoping s/he will turn around. I was wondering if you can tell the position of baby from where you feel the hiccups?

2. madkoi_baby

madkoi_baby New mummy

Hi hun, I always feel them deep down in my groin, feels like a twitching. My LO is head down & his bottom up near my ribs xx

3. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I feel mine very low down too, and my LO's head is engaged

4. jennie_78

jennie_78 Mum to Caitlin, and TTC

how do you know whenyour feeling hicups ? im not sure whether ive felt them or not.

5. polaris

polaris Mother of two

That's good to hear, thanks girls - I'm really hoping that means that LO has turned around, because that's where I'm feeling the hiccups too over the last few days.

6. polaris

polaris Mother of two

It's like a twitching feeling but it's rhythmic and can keep going for quite a while.

7. rubyrose

rubyrose Guest

Sounds like bubs has turnt then! Mine are always very low to, they feel like little "jumps"

8. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I feel hiccups just below my belly button and based on my scan last friday baby has it's bum up near my ribs with arms and legs to one side with head just to one side below my belly button - this didn't really surprise me as I've been feeling kicks and a hard bum shape just beneath my ribs for a while now.

Baby currently has it's hand a bit further down this evening though as I can feel smaller pushing movements just above my groin.

I think I'm getting quite good at telling where arms and legs are now - I can definitely tell legs as I can sometimes feel the outline of them just below my ribs which is quite freaky :rofl:

9. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

my baby always has hiccups and as strange as it sounds i feel them at the bottom of my back, just above my bum. its really weird.

10. loulabell84

loulabell84 pregnant with first

my bubba is head down and i feel them in my lady bits and bottom, its the strangest feeling..... ha ha

11. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

Mine is head down too and he seems to be getting them alot lately its like a little jump in my pelvis every few seconds at first i didnt know what it was but i looked into it and its totally hiccups

12. Anababe

Anababe Mum of 5, TTC #6!

My LO is head down and i felt them last night quite low on my left side. Ive only just started to feel them the last couple of weeks xx

13. key123

key123 Well-Known Member

im not as far gone as most of you but i feel them to side of my bump its very sweet haha sov does that mean my boy has his head up and bum down? sometimes i feel them in different places to

14. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

I feel them right in my bits, im pretty sure his head is very low at mo..its the weirdest feeling!! xx

15. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

usually to the side and quite low, my baby is also head down.

16. Kunama

Kunama Mummy to 3 Princesses

My LO is head down and I feel them right down in my lady bits, although occasionally (like tonight) I can feel bubas whole body jumping, poor little thing.

17. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

isnt that the weirdest thing with the jumping lol

18. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping that my LO has turned head down!

It is a really strange feeling isn't it?

19. KaeRit21

KaeRit21 Guest

i can feel my lo's hiccups right down low, like on your pant line kinda thing, my baby moves round constantly at min, but at min its head up/ feet down

xxxx

20. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

Lol I often feel alot of kicking and moving around just above my bum (but more inside if you what I mean?)
    As for the hiccups, I've been feeling them on and off for the last week or so, and mine are pretty low down towards my pubic bone and LO is apparently in the cephalic position.
    Polaris, how are ya hun? :hugs: