where do you hope to be in a year

One year from now I hope that we are in our own home (with a garden), ooh and I'd also like a ring on my finger:haha:
DS will be 21 months old and I will hopefully be in work, also will be down to 2 years till ttc :D

One year from today I will be TTC! I can't believe it, the last two years have flown on here. I know this next year is going to zip by as well.

Hopefully pregnant! And a ring on my finger would be a nice bonus. And hopefully out of our flat and into a house with a garden x

I hope to be heavily pregnant with our 1st, everything else feels ready just need this last piece of our puzzle.

For June 2015 I would like to:
-be pregnant (preferably third tri)
- paying off some of our debt
- looking at selling our house or moved out and someone renting ours.

I can't wait to look back at this next year to see if I have done this :)

So I came looking for this thread as I thought it must have been about a year since I posted... Just over actually.

Well to update... I am pregnant in my second tri now. We have sold our house and in the process of buying a new one and paying our debt of nicely..

Next august I should have an almost 8 month old and be in our new house. There isn't anything else I really want or am hoping for...

Let's see what the next year has in store for us then.

In August 16, I would like to:

1. Be pregnant;
2. Have a few thousand pounds saved and a few thousand pounds paid off our mortgage;
3. Finished decorating our house;
4. Have got another promotion at work so when I go back into work, I can go back at a higher level.

This time next year I will be ttc. Hopefully engaged. Saving to move house

In one year I hope my oh has a permanent contract n a pay rise, I hope to be in a new job n either with a baby or heavily pregnant. Also hope to be in our first together home (we live together but its his house nit mine, he's on mortgage not me) also hope to have some experience in psychology so u can crack on with getting on a doctorate in about 5 years

Well oh is in a permanent job but no big pay difference.
I'm 16 weeks pregnant on Friday (so not heavily pregnant but hey not far off lol)
Our house goes on the market next week, we were delayed because oh lost his job in October last year and was unemployed for 6 months
I haven't got psychology experience but I'm now working in a mental health forensic hospital and spoken to one of the psychologists about getting a secondment at some point and she is happy to help :)

So all in all I'm well on the way to getting what I wanted albeit a bit delayed.

In one year from now I hope to/will have:
A 7 month old baby and just considering going back to work
Be in our new home and have it on the way to being how we want it.
Oh be driving with his own car
I hope to be planning a secondment or looking for a new job if I can't get one

Other than those I don't think I can fit much more in with a busy year or growing a baby, pushing it out and bringing it up lol

Well I have a 7 month old who os doing brilliantly. I gave birth to her on my birthday and she was born very quickly as an accidental home birth. Then she went into hospital at 4 days old for 4 days. We've had an extremely busy year with various problems and the house move etc. We are just about getting there with the house, had it rewired last week so lots of patching to do and still lots of decorating and renovating to do so wont be able to have much time to do much else.
I'm going bk to work in less than two months. And oh has his own car. The only thing on that list not achieved is my job, I feel like there's no progression in the job but with a baby its now going to get harder to get a new job that will accept my need for flexible working.

A year from now I would like us to have almost finished the house, kitchen to be refitted, with new bathroom, carpets and new flooring down everywhere. Dont mind leaving the utility for next winter but everything else id like done.

We had planned to start ttc in January but with so much money to spend on the house were waiting till a bit later so id like to be either pregnant or ttc for our last time as we have decided to only have one more.

I have recently been thinking more and more about marriage so I would like to maybe be engaged but I'm not overly concerned if that doesn't happen maybe one for the year after.

As for the job, well I certainly dont want to still be in the job I'm in, but what I will want to do I really don't know. I have been thinking about going into what I originally wanted to do and go to do paediatric nursing but finances might stop me doing that. But def dont want to be in my current role (although if I'm pregnant I will probably just stick it out till maternity leave is over again)

One of our pet birds died earlier this year so I would like to get another little companion for my other one cos he's a lonely boy now.

Dont think there's anything else I want to do though.

In a year I hope to be a mom already or at least be in my last weeks of pregnancy :)

Also I'd kind of like to be engaged this time next year.. I know OH wants to get married before he's 30, and this time next year he'll be almost 28, sooo who knows :D

I was looking for this thread! Well it's a year after my post and time to update!
Getting pregnant took a tiny bit longer than hoped but i am pregnant :) looking back i love the timing of when it happened and when we'll welcome our little girl so i'm glad about how things worked out.

Also no ring on my finger yet haha but on new year's he was drunk and kinda let it slip that he is planning on proposing this year. There's still some time left in 2016 😊

And for next year... I just hope we'll be a happy family then :happydance:

In a year from now I hope to have our house sold and be in the early stages of building our new house (while living in a rental). Otherwise not much else should change I hope! My DS will be just over a year old by then so I'm just looking forward to all of his milestones over the next year!

Totally forgot about this thread! Practically one year to the day so not bad :)

Well, we wound up not being able to build BUT we did sell our old house and moved into an even better one than we were planning on building! We have been here 3 months tomorrow and absolutely love it! I have also loved watching my son grow in the last year. When i posted before he was 2 months old. Now he walks, runs,climbs, talks, laughs, gives kisses and high fives. Just an amazing kid!

In a year from now:

-be pregnant/TTC #2
-continue on my weight loss journey. I have lost 34 lbs so far and would like to lose at least 16 more before TTC
-Take a couple small vacations
-have at least half of our mortgage paid off
-finish my sons quilt that I've been working on for way too long!
-have DS fully weaned, sleeping through the night and in his bed all night (we co sleep a few hours a night ATM)

Thanks cupcake for bumping the thread :):)

I'm a month off but update from last years goals:

- I'm 15 weeks pregnant now! Were going to stay team yellow this time. Very blessed we caught first cycle and so far everything is looking healthy!
- I am very proud of my weight loss journey. This time last year I had lost 34 pounds and was hoping for 16 more...in reality, I would lose a little over double that amount! Total weight loss was 71 pounds!!
- we took an awesome family vacation to Florida last month and have several weekend trips for this fall.
-no go on the mortgage. We actually could have it fully paid off in the spring. However, several investment opportunities came up so we opted to go that route instead (the returns should pay for all of our monthly bills)
-finished the stitching, still have to put backing on but I only found the right material a couple weeks ago
-done done done! It all happened at the same time just under a year ago!

A year from now:
-have a 6 month old and know if baby is a boy or girl! Ideally they will be sleeping in their own bed and not cosleeping
- make progress with Charles' speech. He is delayed and would love if he was caught up. He will be getting ready to start preschool :cry:
-DS to be out of his crib and in a big bed. Potty trained/in training would be amazing too
-have at least half the baby weight lost
- take an anniversary trip with just DH this fall
-complete a few small house projects (collages, finish playroom, redo kids rooms)
- celebrate my and DHs dirty thirty with a party!

First time I have achieved all my goals! Yey!
- I got a permanent job! Full time! Start in August.
-Nearly back to baby weight but not eating particularly healthy. I'm doing better.
-We have a date to stop contraception.

Goals for next year:
-Be pregnant with #2
-pay off overdraft and credit card debt.
-Eat healthily!
Another update, this time a bit too early but still close to a year ...

STILL waiting on a permanent job, but I have a three day a week contract line up for next year.

Still not totally debt free but again we have reduced it and it is manageable debt from buying the house. Redoing the house is done, it's taken us 18 months but soooo worth it!

Still not been on holiday but we have been on lots of little breaks away, so I'm happy with that.

Sadly the pregnancy from my last post ended up ectopic, I was really ill and we had to be really careful not to fall pregnant for 6 months due to risk of birth defects ... 6 months later we fell pregnant with our rainbow and I'm 25 weeks tomorrow!

Still no ring in sight but it is on the horizon now, although I don't see it happening before I go back to work after baby.

A year from now I would like to be:

Aiming to get/already got a full time job for the following school year

Back into a good routine of eating well and exercising to lose baby weight

And mostly just happy with our little family - we may even be at a stage to set a date for extending the family as I don't want a big age gap.

Here's my update (a few months too late though ...)

I completed one year teaching, and I am working full time, but not got a permanent job yet sadly!

Debt isn't cleared, and we haven't been on holiday, but we have reduced our debt into much more affordable payments and the expensive credit cards are basically paid, so I am really happy that we only have "worthwhile" debts now!
We bought our house at the start of the year, hence still having debt lol!
There is no ring in sight!
And no baby making date because I just found out I am pregnant, haha! Oh and we got a dog.
It is great to see everyones updates!

I hope to have completed 1 year of teaching and secure a full time permanent job.
I want to have cleared all our debt and then saved enough for a good holiday!
I would like to be making progress towards buying a house.
I would like a ring on my left hand ...
And last but not least - have a firm date for baby making to commence!

One year from now I would like to...

(Hopefully) be married (date is set for June 6, 2015 and the deposit for our wedding package is paid). ;)

Be on my honeymoon.

Have a healthy toddler running around, playing, learning, and growing.

Live in a bigger place, preferably our own home or at least a rental house.

Have at least most of our debt paid off (preferably all of it).

Be full on TTC baby#2.

I can't believe that it's already been over a year already! I did indeed get married on June 6th and just got back from my honeymoon yesterday. We live in a bigger place now (a 3 bedroom rental house) and we have a lot of our debt sorted out and DH is making more money and our bills are less now than they were last year. We may or may not be TTC when I'm due to be fertile this month but I'm not entirely sure.

One year from now I want to either be pregnant or already have a baby. If not then I at least want to be TTC (DH has agreed that the very longest that we will wait to TTC is next June but we should be able to start TTC by the end of this year).

Has it really been over a year?? Crazy!

The very next day after this post I got AF and DH and I decided to start TTC as soon as AF ended. We fell pregnant that very first cycle and got our :bfp: on July 6th, exactly 1 month after our wedding day. I gave birth to a beautiful baby :pink: on March 3, 2016 and our new little DD is the perfect addition to our family. We couldn't be happier and DS loves his baby sister very much as well. :cloud9:

As far as where I want to be next year, I would love to be in school working on my teaching degree. I also hope that DH and I are doing a little better financially and I want to be completely switched over to cloth diapers. I also hope that DS will be ready to begin potty training by this time next year.

One year from today I will be TTC! I can't believe it, the last two years have flown on here. I know this next year is going to zip by as well.

Well, predictably the year has flown! I am now on the verge of TTC! One week and one month until we start. In the last year. Finished my first year of teaching in sixth grade. I was able to move counties, schools, and grades and am excited to do my second year in first grade at a school 9 miles from my house. Oh yeah, we also sold our first home and bought our dream home! So much happened this last year.

I start my last pack of BC next weekend on my trip to France. Came back from Mexico, no signs of Zika virus so I am not super concerned about that. Was tempted to start after this pack, but decided to wait the recommended 8 weeks after returning from an area with the virus. Although, there have been no cases reported in the area we were in. As much as I'd like to just go for it, going to be responsible for one more month. Ahhhh! It's killing me! I know it'll be here soon though.

So next year at this time I hope to be having my first baby or close to. :happydance:

Doing well in my job, and hopefully pregnant due in the beginning of September hopefully married to my fiance, but we haven't officially decided a date, with him doing well in his job too.

Hopefully we'll have bought and moved into a house, and either TTC or pregnant with baby number 2 :)

Hmm well we're not there with either of these yet! House is on hiatus for now as we're wanting to save more but we do still plan on TTC this year, just a little later than originally planned :flower:
As far as a year from now goes: Hopefully i'll have a newborn or be due at some point in 2014, and maybe engaged :winkwink:

Saw this pop up again on my user cp so thought I'd update :) I've achieved the 2 big things that I wanted: I'm now 26 weeks pregnant with our second and we got the keys to our first house at the end of May, hoping to move in at the end of this month or shortly after :) In a year I'll have a nearly 9 month old and a 3.5 year old and will be gearing up to return to work after mat leave. Hoping to have started ttc/ntnp or be planning to do so in the near future (want a small age gap if possible) not much else springs to mind at the moment!

Crazy that I posted this a year ago, wow! I now have 3.5 year old and 8.5 month old girls and wekust started ttc number 3 this month. I was due back at work 8th June but have taken a little longer off to care for my youngest who is has hip dysplasia and is in a spica cast til December.
A year from now I'd like our youngest to be out of cast with no further surgery needed in the near future (she'll be having annual x-Rays til she is in her teens though), to either have had our third baby or be pregnant and I'd also like to have a new (to us) family car as I don't think 3 kids will fit very comfortably in my Toyota yaris or oh's Ford Fusion!

Another year on and we got pregnant first cycle and had our third and last baby, a boy, in February :) Also got a used Ford s-max that easily fits 3 car seats in the back and my youngest girl had her cast removed in December with a follow up X-ray in May and so far so good. Still a chance she could need surgery again in the future if the hip joint doesn't grow correctly but for now we wait and see.
Now that our family is complete I'm looking forward to our first holiday abroad next year, to France, and improving our home. Career wise my maternity pay ends in September and I'd like to get a part time job for a couple of days a week. No ambitious career goals at the moment while our kids are so young, as long as we're ticking over that's fine with me :)

Just found my post from last August. I wasn't accepted into the ECE program for this fall and still don't have a job. Hopefully I'll be accepted for next September.

It's been a year since I posted this? That went by fast!!

My life has changed in some ways since my last post. On Christmas I found out I'm going to be an aunt!!!! :happydance: My niece is due in less than a month!!! I'm soooooo excited to become an aunt!!!! :cloud9:

Also, last month I was diagnosed with epilepsy that I have to take medication for so I don't have anymore seizures. I had two in a span of just three months this year.

It'll be interesting to see what I post at this time next year.

Oh and next month I'm going to start a cooking apprenticeship.

Another year has come and gone since I posted this.I am not interested in the ECE program anymore and applied for the Educational Support program which I like better.If I'm accepted I would start this September!!

I'm still taking medication for epilepsy and love my niece more than anything else in the world!!!!!! :cloud9: She turned one on July 15th and is growing like a weed!!

I also talked to a counselor about my past and other things.It helped A LOT one the best things I've done and I've started writing in a journal which has helped too.

I love seeing people updating their posts from a year ago!

A year from now, if I was pregnant, that would be good! We were going to be trying THIS month after 4 years of waiting, BUT guess where we are going on holiday (booked almost a year ago!) .. Yep! Florida! So now we need to wait eight weeks to make sure DH & I have no signs of the zika virus. But what is two months in the grand scheme of things?! Fingers crossed for October/November! ❤

well my first post in 2012 said i was hoping to be engaged........ 2016 and still not engaged!

in 2014 i was planning a self build.... plans fell through!
but found out i was pregnant in jan 2015! now have a beautiful little girl!

one year from now i hope to be heavily pregnant/ newborn & planning my wedding! we have decided that even though we are not engaged we want to get married next year as that will be our 10 year anniversary!

also hoping to be doing more sewing & making more outfits for our daughter to gain experience before opening my own business in a few years time.

hoping that i may possibly have a prediction that turns out true!!!!

We're starting to TTC this August, so I hope to be pregnant at this time next year. If not pregantn, we'll be trying!! I also see us in a new house (also starting the buying process this summer). Getting ready for baby in general, and getting excited to start running again. I'm a distance runner/marathoner, but plan to cut back to shorter distances when we're pregnant just to be safe. I'm already looking forward to training for a long race after baby, pushing a jogging stroller.

Hope it's okay that I'm reviving this thread.

I'm not pregnant... but our baby boy was born at the end of April <3 I am absolutely in love.

We bought our house back in October, and I am indeed getting excited to start running again. I have my six-week PP check up soon, and hope to be okay'd to start training for my first half marathon post-baby ASAP.

This was a fabulous year <3

Originally wrote in 2014, updated in 2015... Missed last year, but back for 2017!

Ds is 2 years old and we are trying for #2! We had a loss last cycle :( but are hoping for our Rainbow. Hopefully next year at this time I'll be holding another little baby. Hope my son has a spot in the preschool he's on the waiting list for, that my brother gets a kidney transplant, and that my doula business is thriving so I don't have to work my full time job anymore.

Well, predictably the year has flown! I am now on the verge of TTC! One week and one month until we start. In the last year. Finished my first year of teaching in sixth grade. I was able to move counties, schools, and grades and am excited to do my second year in first grade at a school 9 miles from my house. Oh yeah, we also sold our first home and bought our dream home! So much happened this last year.

I start my last pack of BC next weekend on my trip to France. Came back from Mexico, no signs of Zika virus so I am not super concerned about that. Was tempted to start after this pack, but decided to wait the recommended 8 weeks after returning from an area with the virus. Although, there have been no cases reported in the area we were in. As much as I'd like to just go for it, going to be responsible for one more month. Ahhhh! It's killing me! I know it'll be here soon though.

So next year at this time I hope to be having my first baby or close to. :happydance:

Not yet a year but my baby girl is here. Can't believe we made it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->