Where do you open presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanegem

Mother of 2
Reaction score
When I was a kid me and my brother used to get in my mom and dads bed ( before the split) which I have fond memories of. Although so far we've always opened them downstairs since we've had my son, normally as they have such big presents dont they? MAybe this year....

we always open our presents in the living room after our bacon rolls and cups of tea!
x

We have our stockings at the end of our beds (wondering if ill still get one this year) and then go downstairs once everyone if up and open them around the tree!! normally the little ones give all the presents out to everyone from under the tree

x

When we were kids my mum used to put one present at the end of our bed .. then downstairs to open them all together, our mum used to put everyones in separate piles though.

Now its just me and OH i get them all out before bed and put mine one side of the tree and his the other ... then in the morning we make a cuppa and open them togther on the sofa

me and my OH open our stockings up stairs in bed then go downstairs have breaky and open the rest on the sofa :) my OH is 28 but still loves a stocking - big kid really :)

We open them in the living room where our tree is. :)

We've always opened them in the living room next to the tree. When we were little and santa brought us presents, theyd all just be in a massive pile, but now we have our seperate piles next to the tree.

we open them round the tree in the living room, get up put the fire on then the music channels as its always xmas music its always nice when were able to look out the window if its snowing too :) xxx

In our house anyone can open stockings after midnight... Christmas morning though we have to all have eaten breakfast, showered, hair done and in "picture clothes" (since we were kids) and dishes have to be done before we all -one at a time- open gifts in the living room. Dad plays santa:)

My family used to live a long way from relatives and with everyone with small kids it was hard to travel so we tried to make the day last.

I sort them out the night b4 into piles then we open then in the morning! I always open one on xmas eve though!

When I was little I used to take my stocking into my mam and dads room and wake my brother up and we'd open them on their bed. Then we'd go downstairs to open all the other presents.

I still go to my mams on christmas eve and i still go into her and my dads bedroom and wake them up (without the stocking now :( loll) and then go downstairs to open all the presents under the tree. But maybe now Al is abit older this year we will dig the stockings out and open them on my mam and dads bed again lmao!
Just to annoy them at 4am

:muaha:

When we were kids we would always get up really early like 7am and bring our stockings into my brothers room and show eachother what wasi n there then we'd run into our parents room to let them know it was time to go downstairs! haha and we'd all open in the living room, my stuff was always wrapped and set out nicely around the fireplace, my sisters by the tree and my brothers took up the sofa, i wish we still did it like that!

nowadays as my sister works on christmas day and we're abit older we lie in til about 12 :( then get up and everyone must be washed and showered, then we wait for my sister to come home and do the same, then we have our dinner and then we open pressies! I wanted to do it the old way this year as bump will be here, but decided will go to bumps daddy's for xmas as they still do it that way as my mum says she'd rather do it next year.!

me and my OH open our stockings up stairs in bed then go downstairs have breaky and open the rest on the sofa :) my OH is 28 but still loves a stocking - big kid really :)

I have a OH like that! We have are stockings in bed (after he goes and makes the tea!) then we go downstairs give the dogs their prezzies and we open the rest of ours.... but this year we will have LO so this will be a different:cloud9:
xx

we open stockings in bed with champagne and croissants then in our pj's with xmas music on we open all the other presents in front of the fire downstairs by the tree :cloud9: well, thats what we usually do.... we will have a new arrival who might have her own plans this year mind you... lol x x

We open our stockings in bed, then pressies by the tree after brekkie

always open them downstairs. i sort the stuff into piles on xmas eve so everyone knows whose is whose. wont be able to get moved in my sitting room on xmas day, im dreading it!!

Stockings in bed (after I've poked the kids into conciousness at 5am ;) ) then presents around the tree downstairs with breakfast.

Weve always opened our presents in the living room. And they are all seperate piles. So there`s 5 big piles of presents, covering the sofa & chairs.

We don`t put anything under the tree, like some people do. It would`nt all fit anyway. :rofl:

We (STILL) open Father Christmas presents that are left at the end of our beds on my Mum's bed and then downstairs all round the big tree for all other gifts!!!

Just thinking about this has got me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back